Somebody watched "The Beginning of the End"

Sex traps can lure thousands of male giant hornets to their death, study finds

After all wasn’t this pretty much Peter Grave’s idea in the movie? I wonder if he learned it from going to the University of Minnesota.

What other real world problems could be solved with a MST3k movie plot device?

15 Likes

Radar! It sees all and solves all.

14 Likes

… scrolling up cinemas as a way to get through the workday?

10 Likes

If I had a death ray I could solve a lot of my problems real quick.

12 Likes

I’ve been trying to think what lessons there are in The Day Time Ended that we could apply to real life and I got…don’t jump to conclusions and blame biker gangs for messing up your living room when it was probably time hole aliens?

4 Likes

Wouldn’t every real world problem portrayed by those movies be solved by the plot devices the characters employed?

2 Likes

And for this we needed a study? Without any research funding, indeed without any research whatsoever, I can confidently state:

“Sex traps can lure thousands of male (fill in species name here) to their death”.

4 Likes

Same here, but of course my death ray would be for peaceful purposes only.

12 Likes

SAFETY! Death Ray

5 Likes

As the short The Days of Our Years showed us, you have to remember to use gentle pressure.

6 Likes

Which movie had the Clown Hammer? That’s the “invention” I need in my life the most.

4 Likes

An actual clown hammer was used in the “Here Comes the Circus” short attached to The Day the Earth Froze, if I remember correctly.

4 Likes

I learned to look after it was asked, “why don’t they look?”

I also learned not to tamper in God’s domain.

4 Likes

But only for peaceful purposes of course.

5 Likes

The clown hammer made a few appearances—the main one that comes to mind was when Mike was stuck in James Lipton mode at the beginning of Whurwilf.

7 Likes

You say this, but I have yet to hear of any casualties in the Phishing Scammers thread.

8 Likes

Stuck in the airport ; flight delayed; pilot said the nosewheel felt “mushy”.

Sitting next to a guy who looks like Lovejoy.

6 Likes

I’d be sure not to argue with the pilot and would definitely try to engage anyone who looks like this in conversation :grinning:

2 Likes

Reminds me, I need to visit those Mountains of Illinois again sometime.

3 Likes