Songs that are on the nose right now

This song was released seventeen years ago.

1 Like

I don’t think he would cry considering his feelings on Thatcher, though.

3 Likes

This is also the song I’ve had going through my head for weeks.

2 Likes
1 Like

Ever since the news of E♔R, I’ve had recurring in my head that earlier Elton John song with the word “King” in the title. Forgive me for not linking to it or giving the full title. (To be clear, I don’t wish ill to any of those royals.)

To be fair, its title is somewhat misleading. It’s about the forces, historically and specifically in Shakespeare, that scheme to depose the monarch. It also ends, perhaps in literal irony, with the lyric, “Long Live the King.”

1 Like
1 Like

(before you play, NSFW warning)

1 Like
1 Like

As far as I’m concerned today…

Ok, I’m not quitting, but I got yelled at on the phone for 10 minutes by a guy involving something that I had nothing to do with and that he realized I had nothing to do with and, on top of that, was going to give him a refund, which was why I contacted him in the first place. I am so over today.

3 Likes

I am retiring on Nov. 30 and I am SO looking forward to an endless vacation.

Really, it doesn’t matter what the job is, it all sucks (I rather like mine, actually, but I’m still eager for it to be DONE).

4 Likes

Endless vacation you say?

1 Like
4 Likes

So restless. So restless, indeed.
Election Day Arcadia GIF

1 Like
1 Like

Amen, sister!

AMEN, SISTER!

2 Likes

“Talk to me, Angel
What’s the royal plan?
Does everybody else on Earth except me understand?”

(Waking up to huge internet drama, but not having enough mojo to try and figure it out without a program.)

1 Like
2 Likes

(DANGER: Death Ray Here be one naughty word.)

(In a better 25% better-managed world, this would still be twice as much reaction as trolls and assorted other difficult commenters would deserve. :performing_arts: )

2 Likes

Still my favorite Outkast album.

4 Likes

Positive Mental Attitude

4 Likes