SpaceBrains3D: 3D Storytelling Reimagined

Doesn’t work for me at all. :confused: I could never get those Magic Eye things to work, either. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

After several years of exploring various processes for converting 2D film to 3D, I think I’ve come up with something that’s worth putting before the public. My previous effort, A Case of Spring Fever, got a good reaction here; now I want to find out what Msties think when the process is applied to the William Castle classic, House on Haunted Hill. Please view the film on its YouTube page, then feel free to comment below!

The original House on Haunted Hill was presented in “Emergo,” which Castle promised would deliver 3D without the glasses. Well, I’m a little short on plastic skeletons and strings to dangle them from, so you’re going to have to use red/cyan anaglyph glasses to view the 3D effect. In the absence of the upcoming Kingavision, you can go over to Amazon and search “red/cyan anaglyph glasses”; they’ve got a few reasonably priced options there.

Thanks for checking this out!

7 Likes

Thank YOU for sharing that with us!

4 Likes

That’s not true 3D. Nobody is jutting a sword or spear or long plank of wood directly at me.

5 Likes

Not a single game of “paddleball” in the mix!

2 Likes

Ahhhh!!! My dark little heart absolutely ADORES this movie! I can’t wait to check out your 3D treatment! Thank you for sharing this.

“Come with me, murderess!”

3 Likes

Very cool. I left a comment about how they make 3D movies now. Here are three Twitter pages related to it. Brian May of Queen also has some things on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/stereoscopicsoc?t=JnX_vki9BU3yqZuBOfijRA&s=09
https://twitter.com/LA3Dclub?t=ENuryaz78UyGLjraZXPbEQ&s=09
https://twitter.com/LA3DSpace?t=ZXaeChnBgCvh3xn395HLyA&s=09

4 Likes

Booo.
To me, not you.
Wanted to check this out, so I pulled out my copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum (GOTY) since it came with some 3D glasses (Which are my only pair until the Kickstarter rewards go out with the 2 I ordered).

The Arkham ones are Magenta/Green, not Red/Blue, and weren’t working for this.
Still nifty! Hope to check it out later.

2 Likes

Is this still available someplace? YouTube tells me it’s private.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in responding and also for needing to be a little vague, but there are some (good) things going on behind the scenes and I took it down in anticipation of that.

4 Likes

Hmm, I sense a crowdfunding campaign coming for a 3D remaster release, a la the recent one for Robot Monster. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh I can’t wait for that one!

2 Likes

If there IS a Kickstarter, throw in the Rifftrax as a bonus feature and you’ve got yourself a pledge from me.

4 Likes

I originally posted this in the Artsy-Craftsy discussion, but I figured this discussion would be interested as well!

After several years of exploring various processes for converting 2D film to 3D, I think I’ve come up with something that’s worth putting before the public. My previous effort, A Case of Spring Fever, got a good reaction here; now I want to find out what Msties think when the process is applied to the William Castle classic, House on Haunted Hill. Please view the film on its YouTube page, then feel free to comment below!

The original House on Haunted Hill was presented in “Emergo,” which Castle promised would deliver 3D without the glasses. Well, I’m a little short on plastic skeletons and strings to dangle them from, so you’re going to have to use red/cyan anaglyph glasses to view the 3D effect. In the absence of the upcoming Kingavision, you can go over to Amazon and search “red/cyan anaglyph glasses”; they’ve got a few reasonably priced options there.

Thanks for checking this out!

4 Likes

I’m testing out a new, mind-bending process for my next release, Carnival of Souls. Take a look here, and let me know what you think.

BTW: You’ll need your Kingavision red/cyan glasses to see in 3D, although it’s pretty trippy without!

2 Likes

Some people have commented that my Design for Dreaming 3D video from yesterday was too long to comfortably watch. So here’s another, much shorter clip, featuring MST3K’s beloved, really neat, packed with turtle meat, Friend to All Children.

Again: To watch, cross your eyes until the 3D image forms in-between.

Enjoy!

Gammera the Invincible in 3D

3 Likes

What happens if you 3dify an already 3d movie?

3 Likes

You invert the space-time continuum, and begin to perceive when places are and where time goes.

3 Likes

Okay, this is it: I’ve gotten my SpaceBrains3D process to the point where I feel it’s good enough to offer to the public at large!

First up: That MST3K perennial, the original Gamera, but this is an alternate, public domain version called, Gammera the Invincible. It’s also not the actual MST3K episode – no riffing. What I’ve done instead is taken the print, edited out all the annoying American-shot footage, and put the rest through SpaceBrains3D so you get to all the satisfying kaiju destruction sooner, and with a funky, retro-dimensional feel!

I’m offering the DVD’s in a signed, limited edition complete with anaglyph 3D glasses over on Etsy. No special equipment needed – just a DVD player, a TV, and your eyeballs. SPECIAL FOR MSTIES: Use the offer code SEEING3D and get 15% off! You can check it out here.

4 Likes

That’s rad!

3 Likes