Speaking of Don Dohler

What do you think is the back story on this guy’s exciting shirt?
shirtofthegods

3 Likes

I’ve worn out a few t-shirts in my day and none of them ended up with an obviously ripped hole in the center of the chest. That’s just great production.

5 Likes

It’s Power Girl cosplay gone horribly wrong

For non-comic-book nerds, here’s a pic of PG

9 Likes

A xenomorph may have been involved…

3 Likes

Is he the original Johnny Bravo?

2 Likes

I saw a guy at a comic book convention wear a shirt just like that once (no kidding), I thought it was poor hygiene, turns out it was a Galaxy Invader cosplay, who knew?

4 Likes

It’s the uncanny valley of shirts; to be that torn-up while still pristine white. That shirt (and its wearer) should look like they’ve spent the last week working underneath a car. Mr. Family Man there could also go up a size or two.

3 Likes

Why throw it out? The remaining two-thirds is still good.

5 Likes

This is one of those cool “behind the scenes” stories that make us love the magic of movies, actually. Turns out that actor Richard Ruxton just plain forgot to wear a shirt to work that day and Don Dohler gave him the literal shirt of his back so they could go on weaving dreams on celluloid. Just a helluva guy.

4 Likes

So it was Don himself who was sporting the peekaboo style that day.

2 Likes

Being slightly (ever-so-slightly) serious, my guess is that it was a deliberate choice. The rest of the family dresses (relatively) normally. Clearly, they’re not that poor. However, Joe is the villain of the story (ridiculous as it is). They’re all hicks, but he’s the unredeemable one. So his villainy is expressed in his wardrobe. He’s the one who not only is cruel to everyone around him (including his own family) but he is also money-grubbing and exploitative and, in the end, murderous.

And you know he’s bad news even before he says a word because he wears old, torn shirts.

There’s my two cents.

3 Likes

I guess they didn’t get Edith Head working the costume department on this one.

3 Likes

How does one “forget” to wear a shirt to work? That’s a story I’d like to hear more about …

2 Likes

Maybe thought Don Leifert thought he was Edith Head.

3 Likes

Pfft, I’ve seen better style holes.

2 Likes

I little more DD discussion never hurt nobody.

DD didn’t do this movie, but it has a DD feel:

1 Like

Turns out I mix up the tracks from Mink Car and The Spine. I would have bet money on “She Thinks She’s Edith Head” being on The Spine.

1 Like