speedrun the badges!

@TheBindingPolymer
I think you have to register each post on the little 1/100 counter at the bottom…really short posts tend to get skipped over while scrolling through a thread.

7 Likes

Hey @discobot! Tell me more about these blue dots.

7 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

6 Likes

Hoo boy here goes, replying to a topic with muh email. I guess everybody gonna see my email signature now. No turning back. First Reply By Email badge here I come!..

http://bindingpolymer.com
— Home of MST3K Fanvid and Live-performance Database, The —

8 Likes

Woo, it worked!

I set my preferences to get all the emails and eventually I got some. Looks like that’s how it works. Just reply to one of the emails with your email. Though you don’t get the fancy formatting controls when you do that. I suppose you just have to remember the tags and type them in manually. Could be dangerous if you have personal info in your signature or you forget that it’s a public forum. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Let me try.

Click this Link!

4 Likes

@Starman Boop

4 Likes

Deal with it, pasty boy!

4 Likes

In my best Professor Farnsworth: Good news, everyone!

First Share works … it just takes a really long time to show up (see below; it just popped up in my notifications almost a day later.) Please see this post above for how to do it.

8 Likes

Ahh, so the short version is you have to share a post to some other social media. Hmm, I don’t really play in any social media. But at least I know what it does now. :slight_smile: Nice investigative work.

7 Likes

Now I’m wondering if it would work if you create a link and email it to someone. Discourse should still (maybe?) recognize that as incoming traffic linked to one’s username.

6 Likes

So…I shared a poot to Facebook…now what do I do…?

6 Likes

tell us where so we can click on it

5 Likes

Perhaps you gotta do the blue dot and register the 1/100’s at the same time. I’ve done both individually but no sauce.

5 Likes

Jonathan Eckley on Facebook

4 Likes

I clicked it. Did you get it?

5 Likes

That sucks, I scrolled painstakingly through a thread on my mobile, making sure to count each post on the 1/100 counter. I even rolled over one-two line posts to make sure I saw 45/100, 46/100, 47/100 for three seconds each sometimes rolling over really short or long ones several times to ensure they were registered :confounded:
I hope you can get it to unlock!

5 Likes

No, there may be a known delay/lag on the First Share according to @MichaelRobertson

5 Likes

That is odd. Best I can think of is carefully scroll down a very long thread. Hope ya get it too!

I do notice some take a while to activate. I know I liked a whole stack of posts the other day and the “Out of Love” one didn’t show up until the following afternoon.

5 Likes

:+1:

5 Likes