speedrun the badges!

There’s a few folks here who seem to be doing their best to earn specific badges, but I don’t know of anyone who’s trying to knock them all out. You’re certainly welcome to try!

There are few which are difficult (or even impossible) to get at the moment:

• Flagging seem inconsistent with regards to generating a badge (and it’s a rude thing to do without good reason).
  • Email doesn’t seem enabled yet, so all the badges about emailing replies and so forth are ungettable.
  • Some folks have unlocked Share and Invite badges, but I’ve had no luck with those.
  • It would be very difficult to get Alternaversal Team Member without outside assistance. :slightly_smiling_face:
  • And if you’re not one of the two people picked on your first month for New User of the Month, you’re probably never getting it.

Happy badging! (Or is it badgering? :badger: )

14 Likes

Is there a list somewhere? I keep getting alerts that I’ve earned things without realising I was earning things.

9 Likes

Yep, if you go to the menu (the three horizontal lines), you’ll see a category for badges. There’s a list of all the badges and an explanation for each. The ones you have will be checkmarked.

14 Likes

I’m trying. Oh, how I am trying…

9 Likes

I’ll link to one of my favorite Off Topic threads and see if I get a badge: Is a hot dog a sandwich?

ETA: It worked!

14 Likes

The deuce you say!

Wait, I already had that badge. :laughing:

10 Likes

Link-a-doodle-do!

Yeah, it’s still not giving me the Share badge. I even started one topic from another (legitimately, not just for the badge), and it didn’t grant it. I don’t know how you get any of the Share badges at this point.

6 Likes

Oh, I assumed “share” meant some sort of external share.

9 Likes

I guess I’ll share 2 of my topics and my personal favorite to get the share badge:
M. Waverly’s Poetry
Favo(u)rite Robot(s)
The Mighty Fan Art Thread!

Huh. Still not getting the badge…

9 Likes

This is odd: I attempted to get the Autobiographer one and every time I submit changes I get a “Internal Server Error” message.

6 Likes

I’ve tried that as well, and either I’m doing it wrong or the system isn’t logging it. Some people have the badge, so it must be possible. But I don’t know how.

8 Likes

Badges? I don’t got no badges. I don’t need no badges. I don’t need no stinkin’ badges!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

For you speedrunners, I accidentally created a badge factory here for the Wiki Editor badge:

9 Likes

This just in: First Reply By Email is enabled and works. Join me, won’t you?

9 Likes

Finally! Let me @SandyFrank myself to trigger an email and see if it works at last for me.

EDIT: Hmm, may not work when one is the poster themself. Will have to wait for an organic occurrence of an email notification.

7 Likes

Organic occurrence incoming!

10 Likes

Occurrence assimilated and added to the whole. Death to Videodrome, long live the New Flesh!

9 Likes

HUZZAH!

(additional words to appease Discourse)

8 Likes

How does the reply by email badge work?

4 Likes

If you receive reply notifications by email, just reply to the email notification itself rather than replying on the forum. It will show up as a reply on the site but will have a small email icon beside it like SandyFrank’s above.

8 Likes