speedrun the badges!

Is there a list somewhere? I keep getting alerts that I’ve earned things without realising I was earning things.

9 Likes

Yep, if you go to the menu (the three horizontal lines), you’ll see a category for badges. There’s a list of all the badges and an explanation for each. The ones you have will be checkmarked.

14 Likes

I’m trying. Oh, how I am trying…

9 Likes

I’ll link to one of my favorite Off Topic threads and see if I get a badge: Is a hot dog a sandwich?

ETA: It worked!

14 Likes

The deuce you say!

Wait, I already had that badge. :laughing:

10 Likes

Link-a-doodle-do!

Yeah, it’s still not giving me the Share badge. I even started one topic from another (legitimately, not just for the badge), and it didn’t grant it. I don’t know how you get any of the Share badges at this point.

6 Likes

Oh, I assumed “share” meant some sort of external share.

9 Likes

I guess I’ll share 2 of my topics and my personal favorite to get the share badge:
M. Waverly’s Poetry
Favo(u)rite Robot(s)
The Mighty Fan Art Thread!

Huh. Still not getting the badge…

9 Likes

This is odd: I attempted to get the Autobiographer one and every time I submit changes I get a “Internal Server Error” message.

6 Likes

I’ve tried that as well, and either I’m doing it wrong or the system isn’t logging it. Some people have the badge, so it must be possible. But I don’t know how.

8 Likes

Badges? I don’t got no badges. I don’t need no badges. I don’t need no stinkin’ badges!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

For you speedrunners, I accidentally created a badge factory here for the Wiki Editor badge:

9 Likes

This just in: First Reply By Email is enabled and works. Join me, won’t you?

9 Likes

Finally! Let me @SandyFrank myself to trigger an email and see if it works at last for me.

EDIT: Hmm, may not work when one is the poster themself. Will have to wait for an organic occurrence of an email notification.

7 Likes

Organic occurrence incoming!

10 Likes

Occurrence assimilated and added to the whole. Death to Videodrome, long live the New Flesh!

9 Likes

HUZZAH!

(additional words to appease Discourse)

8 Likes

How does the reply by email badge work?

4 Likes

If you receive reply notifications by email, just reply to the email notification itself rather than replying on the forum. It will show up as a reply on the site but will have a small email icon beside it like SandyFrank’s above.

8 Likes

@Jonathan_Eckley

3 Likes