speedrun the badges!

Being weird results in creativity. So I’m all in favor!

5 Likes

I got the Anniversary badge today, so now it’s official. One year! Time flies when you’re having fun. I really could gush all day about why I love this forum.

Thank you to everyone involved in creating this place!

10 Likes

But how can you when they take off at such irregular intervals?

4 Likes

Now officially a Devotee!

That’s right, there’s now a badge to proclaim you sit in front of a computer too much! LOL!

9 Likes

Me too, and there’s only 8 of us!

Makes me feel… a little bit better than everybody else. A little bit smug, really.

7 Likes

Ugh. I was going to trick you into taking a vacation yesterday.

2 Likes

I didn’t notice until today that I had TWO entire comments which got 25 or more likes. To quote a certain mad scientist: “That… feels… GOOD.”

8 Likes

Any word on the survey badges?

4 Likes

They’re cook books.

1 Like

Not yet. I’ve dropped a message to Lesley, so hopefully we’ll have an answer soon.

4 Likes

So this is a little odd; today I received the Anniversary badge for being a member for one full year, yet two days ago I received the Devotee badge for visiting on 365 consecutive days. Are there some timey-whimey shenanigans occurring? Enquiring minds wish to know.

6 Likes

Ask Discourse. It works in mysterious ways. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I had the same question, earned the Devotee badge before my anniversary. Some of it might be down to the server time (which I assume is GMT) but yeah the math just isn’t working out for that one. Someone suggested the 365 was inclusive of Day 1 and Day 365, not just the days in between. Maybe that’s why?

1 Like

Your one day anniversary after joining at 11:59PM comes at 12:01AM.

Perhaps.

1 Like

Some badges may not be granted immediately upon earning them. For instance, I got my anniversary badge at about 6 AM today, even though yesterday was my anniversary.

I think there are probably two “subsets” of badges - ones that are granted immediately, and ones that are not. An anniversary badge doesn’t need to happen immediately, because your anniversary doesn’t change. Something like Devotee needs to happen more quickly, because you might miss a visit on day 366, which would reset the whole count if it hadn’t already awarded it.

Also, let’s not forget that right now there are tonnes of people earning Anniversary, given the opening date of the forum. It may just take longer for the system to churn through those.

7 Likes

It was a tough row to hoe. A rough stone to hone. A long road to… boat? I dunno. I’m just trying to say that I now sport a new badge:

https://forums.mst3k.com/badges/32/gives-back

All of the hearts I gave out were deliberated carefully and without caprice. They are yours to enjoy for as long as you see fit. Unless y’all cross me. Then I’m finding all those hearts and pulling a Fatima. You know what I mean.

4 Likes

Grouper is my favorite seafood…
I suppose I have focused on it from time to time…
But…
:thinking:
Anyone else here get this new badge???

Focus Grouper

4 Likes

Coming soon is my favorite kind of official description.

2 Likes

Yep, seems like it started dropping a couple of hours ago…

3 Likes

Are you calling me a loose, capricious heart-giver? (I got the badge almost a year ago. lol. Maybe I am profligate.)

Four of them.

If I had to guess, I would guess that it comes from being very active in particular threads.

2 Likes