speedrun the badges!

If you receive reply notifications by email, just reply to the email notification itself rather than replying on the forum. It will show up as a reply on the site but will have a small email icon beside it like SandyFrank’s above.

8 Likes

@Jonathan_Eckley

3 Likes

Arghhhh technological stuff and things

5 Likes

Let’s see if this works for me, @ArtCrow

4 Likes

Based on this, I don’t think you can @ yourself and get there:

5 Likes

You’re right. Worth a try.

4 Likes

Let’s see if this post helps, @Jonathan_Eckley get that badge!

6 Likes

Boop attempt incoming.

7 Likes

@ArtCrow
Move move move go go go!

9 Likes

I’ve been trying to work out the “Share” function too. I’m wondering if the blue button that copies the link has to be used instead of just copying and pasting the link as I usually do.
Test from “What’cha Reading?”
EDIT: No, apparently that doesn’t made a difference.
EDIT 2: I also tried inviting myself to a topic via email, using a different address. That doesn’t seem to unlock it either.

4 Likes

Hello! Thank you!

4 Likes

Heyhey! It worked! Glad to help!

4 Likes

Maybe the “share” badge requires using the “invite” function? What if I try to post an invite link to the fan art thread: Mystery Science Discourse 3000

7 Likes

:waiting to be upgraded from Member to Regular…

12 Likes

LOL, looks like another day and you’ll be in, my friend. Day 50 is the day your status should change.

PS - We still don’t know where the private lounge is located.

7 Likes

You can have your private lounge. I’m still wondering where the advanced user tutorial is.

7 Likes

Here’s the Cliff Note version

How to get “Licensed”:

send a message to @discobot saying “start advanced tutorial”

8 Likes

The text for the share badge seems to suggest using the “share” button, whatever that is. Sometimes the badge names don’t really describe well enough what they are. For example, I didn’t get the first link badge by adding a link to a post, even though I made a big deal about it. It came by accident when I added a link to a post that was to another post rather than to something on a different website. :man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes
https://forums.mst3k.com/t/itt-top-recommended-sci-fi-series/2119
5 Likes

For whatever it’s worth, I have tried everything I can think of to get the First Share badge to work. Since there are only three users with it and there has been a lot of sharing going on all over the place, I’m at a loss.

6 Likes