Spoiler Blackouts?

UPDATE:
Huge thanks to @MichaelRobertson! Yes, this is something available by default. The answer is in the comments below.

The beautiful MR also taught me how to do the advanced tutorial with discobot! Again, MR’s guidance in comments below.

This is pretty specific to this post in the Off-Topic group, but opinions on the ability to make those spoiler blackouts that you click to see beneath?

If we can already do it, I’m very interested to know how!

5 Likes

That’s all built in to Discourse—all you have to do is select text, click on the little gear in the formatting tools, and choose “Blur Spoiler.”

Like this.

If anyone hasn’t taken the forum tutorial (and received the accompanying site Badges), all you have to do is summon @discobot .

9 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve taken the intro, but I’m still fumbling to get to the advanced @discobot tutorial.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

You should just need to send a private message to @discobot saying “start advanced tutorial,” but it’s been a while. I know it took me a couple of tries to get it to work—user error on my part, I’m sure!

4 Likes

I feel like a doofus!! :man_facepalming:

Thanks again. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

You look a little bit like Moxy, @discobot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

@discobot fortune

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Yes definitely

2 Likes

I saw my post, and for a second there I was worried I had commited a “No ~No.” Haha

2 Likes

I suspect I’m the only person who wants a @discoduck bot. :man_dancing: :duck: :dancer:

5 Likes

Well, you and Rick Dees.

5 Likes

Haha, nope and thanks for indirectly leading me to learning! :wink:

2 Likes