Previous Spoiler discussions can be found here:

Santo in the Treasure of Dracula
Robot Wars
Beyond Atlantis
Munchie
Doctor Mordrid
Demon Squad
Gamera vs Jiger

Here is your thread for spoilery discussion of The Batwoman!

Warning! Spoilers be welcome here! (so no need to blur your comments) If you haven’t watched the episode yet, back away slowly.

And now on with the thread!

8 Likes

There were human beings in the cast.

7 Likes

The warped record.

3 Likes

Still thinking about that ending.

5 Likes

Another one where it didn’t so much end as sort of stop.

9 Likes

And the fish/human/amphibian (not sure where that came from) man. That’s a tough casting call.

5 Likes

Billionaire Vigilante Gala.

6 Likes

Was tempted to make a fursona joke during the sketch where Emily was tied up. Looks like others on Twitter had the same idea.

3 Likes

Batwoman fared……better? with a yacht than the Teen Titans

3 Likes

Poor Max.

9 Likes

Pineal juice? Is the doctor related to Leech Woman?

Many big laughs for me, my favorite riffs (since the cast were asked that)

“This is Batwoman’s side hustle, delivering whale tampons” - Emily

and

Villain - “This is the only exit”

Crow - “That’s one more than Sartre had”

:rofl:

Nice to see Mega-Synthia get some camera time, enjoyed her duct/duck-tape dispenser

17 Likes

A Creepshow 2 reference‽ i wasn’t expecting that

2 Likes

My review is up:

4 Likes

Pineal! Heeheehee!

I’ve had a rough couple of weeks, culminating in our tire disintegrating just as we started the three hour drive home last night. This episode was just the chillaxative I needed.

The movie itself is entertainingly silly, and the riffs and sketches were all fantastic. It was a great introduction to Mega-Synthia, too. I loved the duck tape dispenser, her rant to her clone-mom, and her cosplay scene. And Synthia was great slipping into the lead Mad role in Kinga’s absence.

There were so many good riffs. “Right here, son, is where we keep all of our plastic waste,” the vomiting fish jug, the callbacks to hot merging action, Reptilicus, and toy boat. Apparently, Batwoman’s related to Scaramanga, and I was surprised there weren’t any Man with the Golden Gunriffs. I loved the mad scientist sketch and the fantastic takedown of billionaire superheroes.

This season is turning out to be nothing but hits. But now we have a big question for the fandom to fight over. Who’s hotter, Batwoman in her sweaty onesie or El Santo is his dad sweaters? The answer may surprise you!

It’s Perico!

For me, this was a comforting blanket after a stressful time, which is what MST3K is so good at. This image sums up my feelings. I love you, MST3K.

mst_love

18 Likes

The fact that they referenced the GI Joe dubs is all I needed to love this episode!

gi joe gtfo GIF

The movie was awful, but the riffs were spot on. Another home run for Emily and the bots!

15 Likes

Also, my name was in the credits! :laughing:

13 Likes

What is it with all of these Mexican movies and a ridiculous amount of exposition in the dialogue? All of them do it. This one had a line something like, “remember, you cannot do that because you took an oath a long time ago to always obey the law.” But they all have dialogue like that. It’s bizarre. Is it a translation thing or are they just like that?

Also, we had ‘bastard’ in this movie. I think that’s the naughtiest MST3K movie language has ever been without being bleeped.

7 Likes

This movie likes to tell, then show, then tell again!

11 Likes

Makes sense. It was in Patrick Swayze Christmas.

5 Likes

I lost it when they started singing “Every Country Has A Monster” in Spanish.

20 Likes