SPOILER DISCUSSION: Episode 1308 The Batwoman

THAT DELIVERY :smiley:

That she’s doing that OUTSIDE ON THE SURFACE OF THE MOON is hilariously random as hell.

6 Likes

“Is she swearing at me in Yiddish? How does she even KNOW Yiddish?!?”

11 Likes

It would at least fulfill MST3K’s bleak movie quota

On Premiere Night, Coleman Francis told the Variety reporter, “I considered clinging to life until I watched this. It’s the most depressing thing I’ve ever seen.”

1 Like

Still a better movie than the Wild Wild World of Batwoman… Also, it wasn’t just me, right? That movie was basically The Blood Waters of Dr. Z, but with a Batwoman, right?

5 Likes

Overall this is probably my least favorite of the season so far, but the invention exchange and mads sequences were great. More Synthia and Mega Synthia interactions please? I did really like the Spanish language version of Every Country Has a Monster, though.

4 Likes

Of all episodes this season, this probably had the highest % of riffs that landed for me.

8 Likes

With my username, you better believe I enjoyed that bit.

8 Likes

My thoughts on 1308:

• What a movie! It’s bold, brash, colorful and moves at quite a pace! It never lulls.
  • Emily and The Bots deliver another strong riff here! I howled-laughed and cried-laughed frequently!
  • Really great host segments. My favorite of the bunch was The Batwoman Franchise one!
  • So awesome to see more Synthia and Mega Synthia here!
  • I still have to keep Beyond Atlantis as my Season 13 favorite (there is just something extra special about that one), but this is an exceptional experiment that stands a great chance of landing in my Top 3 after all is said and done!
  • Favorite riff: Crow: “Time to get ready for some Hot Merging Action!” (What can I say: I love me a good, deep Callback! :smiley:)
10 Likes

I quite enjoyed the evil Dr and Igor in this. What’s with these guys trying to create fish-men?

6 Likes

seinfeld

12 Likes

It was surprisingly thematically resonant with the Rifftrax Live show the day before.

7 Likes

Funny that TVs Frank liked being left alone for a while, where he could play at being an agent or do some virtual comedy, and not have to worry about being murdered or experimented on.

While poor Max is in total freakout mode. I thought he might enjoy a little time to himself (relatively speaking), but nope, crash and burn and sing a song. :laughing:

I will say, on the regular version, that fade to black during intermission, Hmmm, I still think they need to fill that with something, like days of old, even if you don’t go to commercial, just having some transitional bit would help. Make it smoother than just ‘go away -blackness- then come back’

10 Likes

Or maybe do something like this :wink:

Just replace the Beatles with Max, and Pearl and the Synthia’s.

1 Like

Max’s freakout and song? It reminded me of Billy Joel’s Lullabye.

He’s building a race of peoples!

2 Likes

Shocking violence is certainly implied but really super fakey. Orange-red acrylic paint everywhere.

3 Likes

If by “slaughter of sharks” you mean: up to an hour of the movie total, but keeping all the scenes with our fave Bermuda Onion I’d say, “Maybe.”

Seriously, nothing of value would be lost if it was half as long. That movie has more padding in it than three Amazon warehouses.

5 Likes

Emily and crew just keep slaying. 3/3 infinitely rewatchable eps. :purple_heart:

12 Likes

If only they would have done a follow-up where the mouse was the ultimate villain. Just think, The Batwoman fighting thugs and then jumping onto a chair when the mouse arrives or it has an army of mice as henchmen.

2 Likes