STAR TREK You Know It-You Love It-Let's Talk About It!

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m watching TOS ‘Court Martial’ right now (and this is a thought that occurred to me during Una’s CM on SNW) - it’s odd that, in this supposedly utopian society, justice is still punitive and not restorative.

Guess it makes for better TV drama, but it’s kind of weird.

4 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

BE GHOSTED i’m sorry but that one really got me :joy:

1 Like

1 Like

Whoopi Goldberg is Denise Crosby in “Whatever Happened to Yar?”

Levar Burton is Johnathon Frakes in this touching rendition of “The Day The Clown Cried”

Michael Dorn is Brent Spiner in “A Funny thing Happened on the Way to the Holodeck”

Brent Spiner is Marina Sirtis in a one-man recreation of TNG’s “The Child”

4 Likes

I didn’t realize there was a Virtual Trek Con until I’d missed a bunch of it, but the Trek Culture livestream Ups and Downs for The Cage is fun and I’ll be checking out some more of the panels.

3 Likes

1 Like

Meanwhile, we’re stuck waiting to see what the status quo in the 25th century is in the wake of the Picard season 2 and season 3 finales. The Borg have pretty much been deconstructed.

2 Likes

I admit I may have laughed way too hard at (Picard series, season 2 spoiler) the sight of the care bear queen – no disrespect to the actor intended. But it looks like that was dropped like a bad fever dream for Picard season 3 and (perhaps) beyond.

The state of Trek is … interesting (in the US at least), currently split across 3 streaming companies. (Prodigy: Netflix. Non-JJ’d movies: Max. The rest: still at Paramount+, including 1 ending series (Discovery), 2 renewed series (SNW, LD), and a currently-filming movie (due 2025?) teased by Michelle Yeoh as "Mission: Impossible meets Guardians of the Galaxy".

Also a Starfleet Academy show coming out. I’m not too enthused about either that or the Section 31 movie, but I enjoy all of the other current shows.