STAR TREK You Know It-You Love It-Let's Talk About It!

and the most annoying thing about that? they NEVER followed up on it. would have been interesting to tie it into the schizm aliens finding their galaxy, or realm or whatever they where in.

2 Likes

I was not intending to be condescending in any way. My post was genuine. You seemed very upset about my disinterest in the new shows and I was trying to diffuse something that I felt could be explosive. Given your reaction, I didn’t succeed because you seem very upset about my simply stating that people are allowed to like what they like. I have seen people post other places statements that seem to boil down to the idea that everyone must like everything and if they don’t they’re obviously hateful.

I’m not active on any Star Trek sites. This is literally the only place I talk about Star Trek, mostly because I haven’t seen any of the new stuff and am fine sticking with the older shows.

In the interest of keeping this site as free from vitriol as possible, I won’t respond to anything else you said. I don’t think that you’ll accept any of it anyway. I’m sorry that I upset you.

4 Likes

I think we may have to reevaluate our respective stances on Star Trek: Lower Decks. Look who is listed in the guest cast of S03E10 “The Stars At Night,” probably as the voice of “Captain Maier” again!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Dr. Crusher looks a bit fed up there. :smiley:

4 Likes

“Jean-Luc, that’s the third time you’ve died this month. Don’t you think it’s time to cut back on your tea consumption?”

4 Likes

4 Likes

Just seen this and had to share it here.

Original Star Trek pitch

3 Likes

So going back to this question, and giving it some thought, I’m nominating SNW’s ‘Lift Us Where Suffering Cannot Reach’ as the scariest ST episode. First time I watched it, I felt the growing sense of ‘something not right’ which ends with a truly horrifying climax.

I think it’s also my favorite episode for how gutsy it is.

[They totally should have given Ursula K. LeGuin a credit, though]

3 Likes

Yeah, the slow-burning reveal and growing sense of unease through the episode is really effective. One of the many great moments of SNW’s first season.

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

Just not with napalm.

3 Likes
5 Likes

If posts like this are not allowed, please let me know.

I’m trying to help out one of my favorite artists. She was illustrating a Star Trek book for a company that wound up going out of business, so she didn’t get paid. She has a poster for sale on Big Cartel, and orders have been slow. If anyone is interested in checking it out, here’s the link. Thanks!

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes