STAR TREK You Know It-You Love It-Let's Talk About It!

And that’s another thing, how do you not notice an entire planet is missing from the system?

3 Likes

Why would you rescan a system? Once you map it you can just use your computer models of it. Planets don’t just blow up and go away. Oh wait…

5 Likes

Oooo how did this get missed?

4 Likes

I don’t know about SNW S3 (I won’t let myself believe until an official announcement, but I imagine that is definitely coming), but this is legit…Disco’s ending next year with its 5th season.

I REALLY need to watch S4.

5 Likes
2 Likes

So it took 8 days to go through all seven seasons of Voyager… I remember some of the episodes were hard to get through but forgot how much better they got in the last few seasons :open_mouth:

2 Likes

But then you watched the finale and threw your remote through the screen, right?

TNG and DS9 have such satisfying finales that wrap things up so well. And then VOY got whatever the heck that was and ENT got a TNG holodeck episode incidentally costarring the ENT cast. (We will ignore the ignominious end of TOS, because Turnabout Intruder was not a finale; just the last episode filmed in a production order.)

4 Likes

I did say “Wait! What about the crew reuniting with their families??” :person_shrugging:
Yeah that ending was like: Oh yay we’re back in the Alpha Quadrant. The End, which made No sense.

4 Likes

Yes! TNG finale was absolutely amazing and I never got to see the end of ENT, but when I read about the finale, I couldn’t believe that was how they ended it. It was utterly ridiculous and I say that as someone whose favorite TV series is TNG.

4 Likes

Oh I was livid about the finale of ENT, all that nonsense and then we don’t even get to hear Archers’ speech! He walks up to the podium and that’s where they end the show with Riker and Troi walking out of the holodeck??? W T F

That last season was getting so good and then they end it with that garbage. At least the episode prior to that was sort of a finale so you can just never watch the last one and feel better about how the show ended.

3 Likes

One thing I’m really enjoying about PIC season 3 is all the little ship noises they lifted from TNG and VOY.

2 Likes

Imgur

2 Likes

Happy 3.14 day :pie:
Imgur

4 Likes

Imgur

5 Likes

I feel like season 3 of PIC would have been more thematically satisfying if it had been the parasites from season 1 of TNG rather than the Changelings who are infiltrating Starfleet.

3 Likes

I agree completely. Still, it’s remarkable to compare the changeling VFX shots in Picard to those in DS9 to see how far the state of the art has advanced in the last twenty-plus years.

3 Likes

They actually considered it according to Gizmodo.

2 Likes

I have to say I’m enjoying Todd Stashwick’s “Captain Liam Shaw” in this season of Picard. He’s clearly a no-nonsense captain who prefers orderly deployments and missions, who was slow to realize that he’s been swept up in someone else’s adventure despite his efforts to the contrary, and is regretfully facing the possibility that the crazy things the people he’s picked up are saying just might be true.

3 Likes

Imgur

2 Likes

He’s also legitimately an asshole.

* mod blur

1 Like