STAR TREK You Know It-You Love It-Let's Talk About It!

Also true! But it doesn’t detract from what I said. He’s just so indignant at being forced to put up with what’s going on.

1 Like

More confirmation there will be a season three of Strange New Worlds!!!

2 Likes

Hopefully next season Captain Pike’s hair will get the co-star credit it deserves.

5 Likes

So SNW will get at least as many seasons as TOS. We’ll see if it gets to 79 episodes though.

3 Likes

Well now, THAT just made my morning!

3 Likes

In this day and age of 10-episode streaming seasons? Doubtful.

The episode count is probably my biggest gripe with streaming productions. Just as the show starts to hit its stride and get interesting … Bang! It’s over until god knows when. Do we need the 22-episode linear model? Probably not. But a season that is 15 episodes would be nice.

Yes, I’m aware British shows have always had short seasons (mostly due to how they film them) but I don’t care. Ten episodes (or even worse six) is not enough to call a season.

4 Likes

Hah! Now, I remembered that I pre-ordered this, but had no idea it was actually coming!

And now it’s here!!

3 Likes

I’ve been watching that one. Not ready to pull the $30 trigger for ten episodes. The deciding factor will be the extras. Are they worth the price? Enquiring minds need to know!

2 Likes

Audio Commentary, deleted scenes, featurettes, and a gag reel! (I’m a sucker for gag reels; I think I still have the classic TOS blooper reel memorized!)

Further investigation will have to wait until I’m homebound.

1 Like

Every time I see that poster my first thought is, “Everybody remember where we parked.”

4 Likes

Yep. Same.

2 Likes

I happened to be in San Francisco on Star Trek Day 2016, the 50th Anniversary. I insisted we go to Golden Gate Park, where I shouted “Everybody remember where we parked!!”

It’s amazing my friends put up with me.

4 Likes

I’m watching the special features right now. I had to stop to tell you all that on the first day on set, Anson Mount read a letter from NASA about the influence Star Trek has had on the space program and I am crying RIGHT NOW as I am typing this.

This show touches me in ways nothing else has since TOS. It was a ‘duh’ buy for me (and I’m retired now and watch my pennies very carefully). Gotta have it.

3 Likes

Star Trek, generally, is the way we want the future to be, so much so that it’s steadily becoming self-fulfilling prophecy.

2 Likes

Picard keeps dropping Easter eggs, and there were some interesting ones that Section 31 had squirreled away aboard Daystrom Station aside from the latest cameos that were more relevant to the plot.

Closed for SPOILERS

A Genesis II Device? That’s two Easter eggs in one!

A genetically modified tribble? But Short Treks “The Trouble with Edward” established that they were already gene…

3 Likes

Aha! I didn’t see the words ‘genetically modified’ and I was like, “tribbles don’t do that!”

1 Like

They took that gag too far. Just having a normal tribble on ice and having Worf react defensively to it would have been a nice callback. Tribbles don’t need genetic modification to be a menace.

4 Likes

I think they took it too far because the difference was in small text where you wouldn’t notice it.

2 Likes

I just realized this means Section 31 is doing genetic engineering. Not a surprise, but I’m not sure how they expect genetically engineered life forms to be deployed in the field without anyone noticing.

1 Like

Imgur

1 Like