STAR TREK You Know It-You Love It-Let's Talk About It!

As a side note, the ‘Short Treks’ title The Trouble with Edward revealed that tribbles already are genetically modified.

3 Likes

I’m beginning to think that Daystrom Station is where Section 31 stores all their “just in case” stuff. Which adds a whole new level of complexity to TOS’s “The Ultimate Computer”. Did Dr. Daystrom work on Section 31 projects? If you think about it, M-5 was like a somewhat neutered version of Section 31’s Control that caused so much havoc in DIS season 2.

Though why they’d need the corpse of James T. Kirk is a bit of a mystery. Do they intend to clone him the same way the Romulans cloned Picard?

2 Likes

That one’s just a trophy. They take it out and talk to it sometimes. “Remember Omicron Ceti III?”

1 Like

flails about in joy

8 Likes

Lower Decks and Prodigy have also been renewed!

5 Likes

I see Mount’s hair got top billing again. :crazy_face:

As an aside, with DIS ending after season five I’d expect the next bit of news we hear will be about another new series.

2 Likes

As it should!!

1 Like

I haven’t seen it officially, but word around the Docking Ring is two more live action Trek projects are going to be announced this summer, so we’ll see.

1 Like

Maybe PIC was just testing the waters for Star Trek: Sisko.

3 Likes

Well, the Section 31 spin-off of DIS has been in development for several years, and with the way Emperor Georgiou was written out it could take place in any time period — though contemporaneous with SNW or TOS could make for interesting episodes. Then there’s that Star Fleet Academy concept that’s been kicking around forever, again getting a boost with the current DIS status quo.

2 Likes

I’m all for more Trek, but not at all for any reboots. Paramount, please let the franchise continue to “boldly go …”, not cowardly mimic. For example I don’t mind if Picard back-doors The Next Generation’s next generation, because that’s new, though currently it’s looking more like it would be a Trek universe version of Firefly. :woozy_face:

Also, fwiw, Sisko has returned (yes! from there) in a new comic book series, and Worf also has a new comic book series captaining the Reliant. They seem to be set around the end of the DS9 series. Both have new and familiar faces in each, judging by the covers. (I’ve barely had time to even google these yet.)

P.S. How cool is it that in Picard s3 one of Geordi’s daughters is played by Levar’s daughter?

3 Likes

Husband bought me the SNW Blu Ray. Yay!

Will need to sit down and watch all of the extras. On a gripey note, why, WHY did you package a three-disc set on only two spindles, Paramount? Yes, I want my discs scratched to heck before I ever get a chance to watch them. One more reason why I rip to a hard drive and store in sleeves. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Avery Brooks has quit acting, so I don’t think that will happen sadly.

1 Like

Imgur

3 Likes

Yeah, disc three was loose and sliding around when mine arrived.

That stinks. :ok_hand: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Well now, they didn’t wait for the summer to announce the latest Trek series…Starfleet Academy!

It’s not specified if it’s live action or animated, but I’m thinking live-action; I wouldn’t imagine they’d go for animated when they’ll only have one live-action series ongoing.

1 Like

For the first time in over a century, our campus will be re-opened to admit individuals a minimum of 16 Earth years (or species equivalent) who dream of exceeding their physical, mental and spiritual limits, who value friendship, camaraderie, honor and devotion to a cause greater than themselves. (Emphasis mine)

That sounds suspiciously like it will be set in the post-Burn 32nd century of DIS, where the Federation and Starfleet are only beginning to recover after something like 120 years of near total planetary isolation. If true, then they could recycle DIS’s sets for a live action series.

2 Likes

Yes, it was confirmed elsewhere that it is in Disco’s Future Starfleet.

I’m okay with this as long as Oded Fehr is still kicking around. (Vance does have a daughter, after all…bring her on!)

1 Like

PIC 3.7 rant: I don’t know about y’all, but I’m getting tired of these “Federation is secretly doing some evil :hankey:” stories. I know that in the 21st century we are (rightly) cynical about government, but Star Trek is supposed to be set in a future where an enlightened humanity has a trustworthy government. Even if this plan to torture sentient beings who already hated the Federation into becoming undercover assassins or whatever somehow made it past an ethical review board, it seems like someone would have raised their hand at some point and asked if anyone had ever read Frankenstein. /rant

4 Likes

I haven’t watched Picard yet, but I had the same problem with Discovery. One of the many reasons I dropped it long ago.

The original series was made at the height of the Cold War. It was all about hope for the future. That we find a peaceful solution and are made better for it. I think some of these writers today need to go back and refresh themselves on the point of the show.

3 Likes