Start your Halloween music playlist…

1 Like

I feel like I must be missing something here or something.

1 Like
1 Like

@Jonathan_Eckley
nah…just another little tirade response about how there are a number of dub albums that hyper-hyperbolically(:man_facepalming:t2:) oversell their content with concept covers.
Scientist’s releases on greensleeves like curse of the vampires, encounters pac-man, space invaders, wins the world cup are perhaps amongst the most guilty.
I love Scientist but these records make me grind my teeth sometimes.

1 Like
4 Likes

1 Like

studio & live versions of a cute little song

2 Likes

How about a classic about dating someone who’s turned on by movie monsters?

4 Likes

2 Likes

@TheLurker
yaasssss

1 Like

If one makes peace with never having been cool, that’s its own freedom. I love this track, Steinman-esque production, the Eagles cameo, and all. Wouldn’t change a thing even 40 years later. :cry:

(Also it got mentioned in another thread that D.F. was a fan of the show despite their occasional ribbing of him, or maybe because of it. I’d sell my soul to see what the fan letter or email looked like.)

2 Likes

Speaking of Steinman, you could conceivably count Total Eclipse of the Heart as it was originally created for a vampire musical (Nosferatu IIRC).

3 Likes

lol. I liked countrified Bonnie Tyler better, but sure in the interest of our nerdy commune staying strong for the season, go for it. :wink:

1 Like

Stan Ridgway of Wall Of Voodoo with the tale of a ghostly Marine…

3 Likes

I was finally able to dig out the actual album art of the Halloween albums I’ve collected over the years…
chillers

rlp12636_front

dhmdp288

fs-1

fs-2

fs-3

fs-4

halloween-lp242

And many, many more. All from lp’s complete with pops, cracks and other recording artifacts :smiling_imp:

Lets do the frug and hully gully… :eyes: :roll_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Last post just made me think of this:

1 Like

Any idea if the artists are named? Those last two, in particular, are just fabulous.

2 Likes

Just the main guy calling the shots on the album covers. I only have the back of the album scanned for the second one.

2 Likes

Being uncool is cool.

Actually that makes a lot more sense (and a lot more appropriate) than it being for teacher in a boy’s school.

2 Likes