Start your Halloween music playlist…

I’ll definitely come back to this group with more when I have time. Halloween music always! :jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

I hadn’t heard the remix before, but I really liked it!

2 Likes

How, HOW has this not been mentioned yet? AAAHHHHOOOOOO!!!

12 Likes

Dead or Alive could also work in a pinch.

3 Likes

I like it very much!

2 Likes

“Red Right Hand” - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
“I’m Scared” - John Lennon
Assorted Blue Oyster Cult
etc.

4 Likes

A Flock Of Seagulls “Nightmares” - an underrated band reduced to a haircut.

6 Likes

C’mon! Give credit where credit’s due. Here’s the original version by Don Hinson & The Rigamorticians — who incidentally brought us another little ditty by the name of the "Monster Mash.”

7 Likes

How, HOW does this not have more likes!

1 Like

Warren never got as much acclaim as he should have (in my opinion).

This one would work for a Halloween playlist, too…

7 Likes
7 Likes

A few by Jonathan Coulton are on my Halloween playlist:

“Skullcrusher Mountain”

“Re: Your Brains”

And that all-time favorite, “Still Alive” (Portal purists, click here — but I’m rather partial to the theramin added to the later, “official” release. The cake is still a lie, regardless. :cake:)

8 Likes

This thread reminded me of the time a drummer friend wanted me to write her a song to sing for a Halloween gig her band was playing.

Unfortunately, inspiration made like Robert Denby and eluded me, so I was kind of was hoping she’d forget about it.

Days later, I’m watching Tormented, and it comes to that “Tom Stewart Killed Me!” chant, and the light bulb goes off in my head… saaaay, that could be a Halloween song! And so it was.

Warning, this is a rough demo recorded on an old 16-track Fostex at home (hand claps are off, because I was holding the mic while singing and wound having to clap my wrist, HaHa) and I’m no lead guitarist - this was meant simply as a template for her and her band.

No feedback needed, I just thought MSTies might find it, fun.

6 Likes

Just thought of this underrated Weird Al number.

14 Likes

!!!:facepunch:

1 Like

awww yeah, music lovers, bravo!!.
i hope this thread keeps going for a awhile, so people can keep giving people music ideas. :boom::facepunch:

i think the idea of classifying your selections(if only for the procrastinators amongst who might wait to the last minute to compile lists) is a good shout.

here is a scary but not halloweenie one(i often listen on flights when taxiing just starts):

2 Likes

I admit these are rather unconventional, but still (sorry for going a little crazy with this)

6 Likes
2 Likes

I want to go to that party :sob:

2 Likes

Christmas music. Really makes people think you’re a psycho.

4 Likes