STILL TIME TO SIGN UP! 🎅

There is still time to sign up for the annual MSTie Secret Santa Gift Exchange! :santa:
Follow this link for more info: https://forms.gle/GxbVA2VSSRDX4bvW8

3 Likes

Looks like the deadline passed Sunday night. Was going to ask if homemade baked goodies were acceptable gifts?

2 Likes

I never keep my own deadlines :laughing: you can still sign up

And yes! Homemade things are great! I can make sure to match you with someone who likes cookies :slight_smile:

Jinxed myself as soon as I posted. Dealing with some family chaos… sigh.

Sorry

Hopefully next year.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing posts in other social media from people that can’t afford Gizmoplex passes. I understand, there’s been plenty of hard times for me and the kids over the years.

I wonder, is there some way to organize people who can afford it to gift season passes to those that cannot?

4 Likes

I’m here for this, I’ll throw in to get some MSTies some season passes.

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

I helped out a couple MSTies already. I just sent the money via PayPal/Venmo.
If others are willing to help out as well, I can help connect folks.

As always, MSTies are the BEST people ever!!! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Cool. Lady Starblade said she wanted to pass this idea up the line. If nothing comes of it, I’ll ask you how to contact some people, then.

I’m not sure how to go about finding more people willing to do the gifting, but there must be more than the three or four of us.

2 Likes

Yep yep, the (excellent) thought has been kicked up the line. Misties really are the best people. :heart:

2 Likes

If the MST3K folks don’t want to do anything official, maybe we could start a separate thread to help connect gifters to giftees, specifically? We also don’t want 2 gifters to buy 2 passes for just 1 giftee either, so it would definitely need to be organized a bit and can’t just be a complete free-for-all. Though I’m hoping something official comes down from on high!

1 Like

Patience, Grasshoppers! :laughing: I love that we’re all so eager to help out!

1 Like

Oh, I’m patient! I’m just also thinking ahead for how to pull this off if the answer isn’t what we’re hoping for. :wink: I’m a planner, it’s what I do.

There’s one more right here, happy to help Misties get in the 'plex.

3 Likes

My initial thought was “Could this be an optional way to participate in the Holiday Gift Exchange without violating the spirit of the thing?”

During the Kickstarter some of us were joking in the comment section about “No MSTies left behind!” Maybe we can help with that.

2 Likes

I somehow repurchased season 11 downloads during the Kickstarter… if that can’t be repurposed for a Season 13 download or season pass for someone (a MSTie I know in meatspace or not) would be happy to gift it?

CC: @ivan

2 Likes

That would be cool. Anything that we could pass on to someone else.

2 Likes

Could there be a question on the sign up? Something like Are you a member of The Gizmoplex/would you like to be?

Oooh ooh! Okay, I think I have figured out a way to do this that just might work:

1. MSTies who don’t have season passes sign up somewhere (google forms is free!)
  2. MSTies who want to digitally keep sharing the tapes can donate in the weeks between S13 shows to a single pot - no idea how to swing that tbh, maybe a dedicated Venmo account?
  3. This is then used for whatever number of passes is raised over that week - if it’s $32 then only 4 passes are available, for example.
  4. MSTies who signed up for a movie ticket get selected by random lottery (and everyone gets a turn before you get a second sponsored ticket) with enough time before the episode to re-pick if someone isn’t available on short notice or something and get them all properly ticketed and such.
  5. Functionally the MSTies that receive the sponsored tickets would own the episode like they bought it themselves, and this would be something that sponsoring MSTies would be able to do regularly - I would probably only be able to help with 1 season pass, but I’m totally down to buy 2 or 3 tickets for people every couple of weeks, no prob.

Tagging @LadyStarblade specifically, because she’s been handling some of the nuts and bolts on this!!

4 Likes