Strange Ways To Die in Entertainment

What death and manner of death in a Movie, Television, or a Book stayed with you? Was it the suddenness, the oddity, who it touched, or how it happened that effected you? Anything enter your mind and never leave?

5 Likes

Lizzie, look at the flowers…

4 Likes
2 Likes

Toons being dipped in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Also, the weasels who die laughing.

9 Likes

Absolutely horrifying seeing this as a kid.

4 Likes

The transporter accident in the first Star Trek movie still freaks me out to this day. Their screams, the horror at having it end that way…aaaaaaaack!

RichUnequaledIridescentshark-size_restricted

9 Likes

It made me COMPLETELY understand Dr. McCoy’s reservations from years before.

6 Likes

…and here I am just thinking of I Wanna Be the Guy, where you will be obliterating by reverse gravity Delicious Fruit, the Moon, and a Windows Error Message.

2 Likes
2 Likes

So many strange ways to go in the Nightmare on Elm Street series… Be hard to list them all

4 Likes

First you’re “I’m not touching you-ed” into submission, then your hand is removed and set on fire, then you run off into the desert to die.

4 Likes

Radioland Murders, pretty much all of them, but this one is… unpleasant, although the scene surrounding it is pretty funny. I love this movie.

3 Likes

Another franchise from New Line comes to mind.

final destination horror GIF

4 Likes

Let’s just mention the bizarre novelty of the colorful melting deaths caused by drinking Tenafly Viper in Street Trash and let that be the long and short of it.

2 Likes

Killer Cola Cans to the Cranium? Lawnmowers on the Rampage? Electrocution by Arcade Machine? Maximum Overdrive (1986) may be the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of Strange Ways To Die.

2 Likes

Maximum Overdrive (1986) is packed to the brim with deaths I never thought possible.

3 Likes

Death by Snu Snu for all the Futurama fans. Returning to Hulu next year? Yay!

futurama fry GIF

4 Likes

In the Terrible Idea on the part of Show Creators dept.:
Death by poison envelopes (Seinfeld)

Other, creatively better ones:

Clown, dressed as a peanut character in a parade, crushed by an elephant (MTM. You know the one…)

Unlikable fruit seller crushed by a truckload of zucchini (Bob Newhart Show)

The death that happened that didn’t happen (MST3K, Monster a Go Go)

Two that weren’t unusual, but very notable:

From the sublime (Henry Blake getting killed on his way home from Korea, MASH) to the ridiculous (SNL, 1983: “Buckwheat is dead. How did he die? Let’s take a look…”).

5 Likes

“Ouch! I’m shot.”

5 Likes

Every death in this film.

5 Likes