Strong mental associations you've made to references in MST3K

MST3K episodes are jam-packed with fun references to various people, places, and things, but have you formed any powerful or lasting mental associations to the stuff that’s been referenced on MST3K?

For instance, I can’t look at a pack of Duraflame logs without thinking of Crow’s “Oh, great, dinner’s a Duraflame log” riff from Eegah.

Similarly, whenever the band Blood, Sweat & Tears comes up, I think of Servo’s reference to them over the shot of Queen Omphale’s men in Hercules Unchained (not to mention Servo singing “And When I Die” in Santa Claus).

How about you? Are there any inescapable mental connections to MST3K references that come to mind?

7 Likes

I can’t even hear the word “sleep” without thinking “SLEEEEEP!” Same with “stay”. And forget about mentioning that it’s time to (for) go to bed.

8 Likes

I’m can pretty much look at anything and I will try to make an MST3K connection to it.

The stronger feelings usually happen whenever I watch vintage TV, especially if it’s something like Mannix or Cannon.

5 Likes

Da-dun-da-dun!

5 Likes

I may or may not say, “it’s the NBC Mystery Movie” when I see a flashlight.

7 Likes

While watching things made/set during the 70s, I frequently comment that the decade did not deal well with things that weren’t mellow.

6 Likes

When I walk past a grocery store ice cream case and see a certain red package I hear Bill as Crow say, “be sure to pick up some CARNATION ICE CREAM”

4 Likes

I frequently call people that aren’t mellow “Turkeys”.

5 Likes

Whenever I hear the world “elusive”, I can’t help wondering if they could ever be anywhere close to Robert Denby’s level.

(Seriously, I could hear the word during some random college football game and I’ll instantly smile and make the reference! :laughing:)

4 Likes

When I see footage of cars driving on the Sepulveda Pass, it has to be the “chase” scene in Mitchell.

1 Like

Whenever either of us complain about aches and pains me and my missus will add in a “my hip hurts, whyyyy?” in Joel’s old guy voice.

3 Likes

If we end up having an ill-considered fling and you want to seal the deal beforehand, just put on a jumpsuit.

2 Likes