Stuffed Animals.

Boyds, Vermont Teddy Bear, Berrington, Build-A-Bear. Who makes the best teddy bear or cuddly animal? What example is your favorite?

2 Likes

Steiff or GTFO

Hey anyone got $11,000 I can borrow?

nah I’m just kidding what I really want is this SLOW LORIS :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Steiff brand stuffed slow loris, looks like a cross between a sun bear and a chipmunk

3 Likes

I like 3-toed sloths and my wife bought me this sloth beanie baby a long time ago.

3 Likes

Real cows are cheaper! Lots, lots cheaper!

I really want a Dexter cow. I shall call her “Minimoo”. But first I need to conquer my nextdoor neighbor’s yard so I have room.

3 Likes

I have no issues admitting I have no issue buying plush things. On my desk right now there are two tenticlekittys, a TRU jeffrey, Figment, Tigger, a local radio mascot for 99.3 The Fox, a small bear in a Vancouver Canucks sweater, and makeships Spleens the Cat.

On the first family vacation my wife (then GF) joined us for we spent a week at Disneyland, and we received a bunch of coupons (from the hotel or some guide book) and there was one for Build a Bear. Never had a thought about going to the place but we thought what the heck. She got an Orange cat in a cheerleader’s outfit, and I got a turtle in Army Camo.

Fast forward a couple years and 1) we had a kid, 2) BAB opened a location near us. Since then, I made a TMNT Mikey wearing a Ghostbusters outfit, 3 Pokemon wearing Paw Patrol outfits, Scooby-doo. and a Boba Fett bear. I don’t even want to touch on how many the wife and kid have acquired.

3 Likes

4 Likes

@FlyingSquid “Rock N’ Roll Martian…”

4 Likes

Is Merlin sold separately?

2 Likes

“Classic” uglydolls.

4 Likes

@EAT
I’m sure you’re aware of Fufu the sloth, then.

3 Likes

You had me at Figment! I mention Figment and most people go huh?

I’ve also made a few Build a Bears over the years, and yes, I do believe there are plush in every room of the house.

2 Likes

I never got name-brand stuffed animals. Mine were simply in the JC Penney Christmas catalog or from Kmart or whatever. But I loved them all the same. In fact, I still have a couple of stuffed animals and one still lives on my bed that I’ve had since I was 12 years old or so.

2 Likes

Why stick with one? I give you Freddy strapped to a Velociraptor

3 Likes

Oh yeah?! Well how about THIS cymbal monkey I saw on one of the baby VHS videos when I was VERY young?

Mr._Monkey

4 Likes

I haven’t seen that one, but if my MIL does, she’ll get it for me. She’s gotten me a couple of stuff sloths over the years.

Wishpets (with Grogu, who my wife collects)

and Snax the Sloth. He slowly repeats whatever you say. It’s actually kind of creepy.

snaxthesloth

2 Likes

Yep he sits on my monitor to spark imagination.

2 Likes

My wife recently crocheted this Moogle for my daughter:

3 Likes

Love it
Im actually replaying Final Fantasy 6 for the first time in like twenty years. What a classic series

1 Like

My daughter got interest in 6 from my description, so we played through it together. Trick is I conned her into doing all the reading. As a result her reading skills have drastically improved. Now we’re playing through ff 5. Not sure what’s next, maybe 4, maybe 9?

3 Likes

Unsure if this is the best, but it was what I had when I was six? Seven?

Watching Puppet Master didn’t help out psychologically, as I swore Raphael’s eyes turned red at night and I threw him across the room out of fear. That was my last memory of the Ninja Turtle.

3 Likes