Suffering from N.O.D. (NASCAR Offseason Disorder)

The NOD is hurting me deep and early this winter…

No, NASCAR, no Indy Car, no IMSA…

I’m counting the minutes until the Snowball Derby at 5 Flags…

I’m counting the days until the Daytona 500…

I had thought that one of the other streaming services I had was going to air the WEC race today… was looking forward to watching the Corvette…

I didn’t subscribe to WRC+ this year, and put that $ towards some short track PPVs, including North Wilkesboro… but, right now, could use some rally car noises injected into my veins…

Any other MSTies suffering from NOD yet?

2 Likes

Hopefully next season can have as many different winners. There may be issues with this generation of car, but so many different winners was good for the sport.

Well there’s still one more F1 race to go, although no where near as exciting as last years’ finale.

Also IMSA starts in January, so there isn’t too long of a break before some racing starts up again.

1 Like

Yes, the number of different winners in Cup was definitely the bright spot of 2022.

The safety of the new car… from the injuries to the fires… yikes… It sounds like rear-impact improvements and seat/foam/head restraint improvements are in the works… Fingers crossed.

And, I’m concerned that we’re seeing a few drivers moving to full-time Cup rides that lack the maturity, and situational awareness required to be in Cup at all, but especially with the new car ending at least one career this past year.

Excited for NWB. Taking my mom, will finally get her to the HoF. Hoping that a couple of her favorite Cup and xFinity teams have tours available around that time. I think she’d really enjoy the tour I got at JRM almost ten years ago… (Ticket purchasing experience could stand to be improved… a lot… Who would think that sitting on the phone for about an hour w/ 5 Flags would be the least annoying, and most successful, ticket purchase experience of 2022???)

sigh…

back to work.

I can drive my car in a circle around a parking lot if it will help.

1 Like