Suggestion for Season 13 Theme Song from a fellow MSTie

I didn’t have time to watch the whole video. Was that you hosting, @deanadolphin?

2 Likes

Yup yup! Because of COVID, we couldn’t have our normal in person meet up here in Denver, so I hosted a virtual meet up for Turkey Day. We talked with several MST3K alum, even Joel stopped by on Thanksgiving Day! I have more videos if you’re interested

4 Likes

Aye-aye, Cap’n Dolphin! This’d be more than a dream come true!

2 Likes

Even if they didn’t want to have Weird Al do the theme song, it would be awesome to have him show up in some kind of cameo or something. I mean, I know we don’t have a Netflix budget anymore, but if they got Mark Hamill for s11 surely getting Weird Al is possible haha

4 Likes

I happened to be close to the chair of a convention in Arkansas, (back in 2015) and when he reached out to Al’s “people” the minimum bid for a concert was 30k. With the work, energy and staff involved, that feels like it checks out (from my layman’s perspective). I wonder what the bottom line is for acting/cameo non-musical appearance.

2 Likes

Yes yes yes!! Love Weird Al!!

1 Like

I love Weird Al and would welcome it but I say keep it simple and just let Jonah and Emily do it

2 Likes

i dunno…his guitar wants to kill my momma

1 Like

I like weird Al, but I don’t think he should sing the theme song anymore than I think Richard Cheese should sing it. I liked the original one best when the show had the feel that it was made for public access tv.

3 Likes

I like this too because Al has a huge fan base that could be introduced to the show by virtue of him singing the theme.

2 Likes

Okay, now that you mention him, I vote for a Richard Cheese opening. Hell, we were halfway there already with Har Mar Superstar!

2 Likes

couldnt the different casts produce their own versions?

1 Like

And if they have different versions for each host, I hope Joel’s version has some sort of “oh no, not again” in it somewhere. With or without a bowl of petunias. :smiley:

3 Likes

Just TOSSING IN HERE – I hope that some corner of the Gizmoplex is eventually built where people like @deanadolphin who have their own streams/videos/material related to MST3K/the fandom can post their stuff for us all to view and gush over . . . . oooooh!

3 Likes

Yes!!!

3 Likes

You have me imagining some combo of Joel, Jonah, Felicia, Weird Al and I like it!

2 Likes

I’m attempting to contact Joel with this suggestion. Does anyone have any of ideas?
Also, I ask everyone to spread this suggestion around…as if you had herpes. I mean, as if you had a lot of band candy to sell. Yeah, sounds better. I’m not sure if it’s by coincidence or some sign from the Clowns in the Sky, but I did have a dream about this happening. Though I haven’t met Weird Al yet, I have met Joel and I’d like to make that dream come true. So, I would be supercalfragalisticexipelawacky grateful for all your help and support :blush::v:

Take the cheese! - Joel Hodgson

1 Like

As soon as Jonah sang in Reptilicus, I was asking myself, “why didn’t he sing the theme song? He’s got bit of an Elvis Costello thing going”.

2 Likes

Lucky Jon Heder GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
I’d like for it to happen too. That’s why I’ve asked people to spread the suggestion around to other MST3k groups on different forums and such.

2 Likes

Lucky Jon Heder GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

1 Like