Summer Movies

Summer Movies. What are you watching or intending to see? Anything live up to the hype or your expectations? If it isn’t this year, any Summer Movies of the past (time of release or setting) which define or embody Summer Movies?

1 Like

Brad Pitt Fight GIF by Bullet Train

2 Likes

Me too. The comic toughness and Brad Pitt had me at “Hello.”

2 Likes

Two of my “start of summer” movie staples:

meatballs_1979_original_film_art_a_ffc32bd4-2cca-4096-b814-4f62f74d4bf0_600x

2 Likes

Much as I’m not feeling all that patriotic this year, the day demands:

3 Likes

I’ve thought about it and a lot more have come to mind, but these ones definitely put me in the mood for summertime.

great outdoors
burbs

bob
41xm+imCDlL.AC

troopbeverly

summerrental
51OG0FpudgL.AC

637234-b

51qVp-dXLgL.AC_SY780

Sorry I’ll stop spamming the thread. Great question @BruceLeePullen!

3 Likes

Had a big crush on her when it came out and came out and is about in my senior year of high school so it’s quite a rite of passage movie for me.
american pie this one time at band camp GIF by IFC

1 Like

I’ve been looking forward to seeing Nope since February(?). (Oddly, I was a fan of Kaluuya years before I saw Peele in anything.)

For the all-time biggest/best (most impact?) summer film, I‘d probably choose Star Wars (1977) for time of release, and Jaws for theme/setting. (It was also a summer release.)

It’s hard to pick any others. I mean, even with “summer-themed” films, how do you compare such diverse films as Meatballs, The Graduate, Friday the 13th, Little Darlings, Field of Dreams, The Parent Trap, ….

2 Likes

House (1977) is a great Summer movie about a vacation gone wrong. Plus it was originally released as a summer matinee, which, weird.

1 Like