Super random question here....

…but does anyone on the forum happen to know how to write in Hindi script? Or know someone who does and might be willing to translate some Anglicized Hindi words into Hindi script for me?

I’ve been thinking about getting a new tattoo (more specifically, a cover-up of an existing one) and I want to incorporate some lyrics from Bloodywood’s song Jee Veerey into it, but I think it would look a lot better written in Hindi script versus the Anglicized Hindi words that they included in the video. Like I said, seriously random question, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask!

5 Likes

I don’t know any Hindi or anyone who does, but I had to give a virtual high five; Bloodywood is awesome!

3 Likes

Good idea getting someone skilled to give you the correct words first.

A lot of people regret getting tattoos in Asian languages.

2 Likes

@LadyStarblade they’re my new current favorite band. My all-time favorite is still Linkin Park, but Bloodywood has supplanted The Hu (at least for now) as my current favorite band.

3 Likes

@FlyingSquid that’s exactly the reason I’m asking; I hear WAY too often that people get what are essentially random words in Asian languages that don’t mean what the tattoo artist says they mean. Mostly because I think most tattoo artists just Google random words in Chinese or Japanese or Korean script and don’t bother to actually check that the website they’re pulling from is remotely accurate.

4 Likes

I should say that I did find a Hindi script translator online, but quite frankly I’m not sure I fully trust it to translate accurately. Might be a good stepping stone though; I dunno.

3 Likes

If you don’t find any Hindians to help you, can you get ahold of some liner notes with the alphabet you need? Those ought to be accurate.

3 Likes

Wonder if anyone who’s commented on the Youtube vid knows how to write in Hindi; maybe I could ask one of them… or message the band directly maybe.

ETA: I follow them on IG.

3 Likes

Yeah, first thing I would do is contact the band. They might even give you a nice logo to use.

2 Likes

I have a tattoo in Hindi - something meaningful to me that I didn’t necessarily want everyone to know. I was getting groceries one day and the cashier was able to read it and it translated into what I intended.

For the life of me, though, I can’t remember where I got the translation to start, but it’s good to know that I didn’t inadvertently get a tattoo that said “I’m a chunky monkey from Funkytown.”

1 Like

I didn’t think anyone else knew I had a tattoo.

1 Like

I kept the secret as long as I could. Give me some credit for not divulging where you have it.