š™š™š™š Super-Secret, Pseudo-Private, Regular Loungeā„¢ šŸ¤«

Um, okay, maybe the original Psycho was not the ideal midnight show for a party.

eyes my Bloody Mary

Oookay, imma gonna put on something a bit cheerierā€¦

(This really was cute. And the more you know about the Haunted Mansion ride - and itā€™s my favorite - the funnier it is!)

3 Likes

Letā€™s first give them all jobs as bartenders.

2 Likes

Sunday morning, cup of coffee. Iā€™m watching ā€œSan Francisco Internationalā€ (on YouTube, so itā€™s a rip from a VHS, which is kind of fantastic).

Barely got through the opening segment without spitting out coffee. Crow: ā€œYou refuse to even learn about Wink Martindale!ā€

4 Likes

Here. More waffles. I was gonna make omelets, but several of the eggs hatched overnight and it seemed prudent to toss the rest.

Mimosas and Bloody Marys also available.

Oh, and a reminder, signups for tonightā€™s Masquerade Contest are up; please remember, no flammable costumes and nothing that leaves a trail behind it. Thank you.

kicks projector

6 Likes

Iā€™m happy to announce that due to the unexpected hatching mentioned above, weā€™ll be serving bbq chicken tonight. At least, Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s chickenā€¦

Couple more hours to sign up for the Masquerade. And for those asking, the group Thriller Dance and Time Warp Showdown will go on immediately following. Should be about 9pm, Lounge Time.

donkey-kicks projector

2 Likes

Can we go Rococo?

3 Likes

That Masquerade. I canā€™t even with you guys. That was either the most terrifying thing Iā€™ve ever seen or the greatest. :rofl:

Congrats to the winnersā€¦weā€™ll be sending you the cleaning bill shortly.

Next up is the Thriller Dance Offā€¦this here is the Guinness World Record Attempt for Largest Thriller Dance from Dragon*Con 2009. Iā€™m in this darn thing. Fifth row, DEAD center. Practice practice practice!

We kick off in half an hour! Drinks all around!!

4 Likes

Okay. Iā€™ve never seen a Thriller Dance turn into a Conga Limbo Hokey Pokey, but I commend the ingenuity!

Now Iā€™ve had way too much spiked apple cider and way too many Reeseā€™s cups, so Iā€™m going to load the whole Universal Monsters oeuvre into the projector and let it run the rest of the night. Riff away if you so choose.

The exorcists and cleaning crews are due at 10am, so if thereā€™s anything anyone needs to hide, consume, or declare to customs, please check in with me at the bar before then.

Thanks a bunch!

punches projector

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard (unofficially) that the Board of Directors is investigating the possibility of franchising The Super-Secret Pseudo-Private Regular Loungeā„¢, but nothingā€™s come of that, yet. But that ā€œAnā€ in the title of the place you visited is a dead giveaway that you were at an unlicensed ripoff. Iā€™d appreciate it if youā€™d give me the address of that place so that legal proceedings can be initiated.

If the Loungeā„¢ does ever get into franchising, you can be assured that the name will be grammatically correct, i.e., the franchise locations will be ā€œA Super-Secret Pseudo-Private Regular Loungeā„¢ā€. But this location will always be the original, one-and-only, The Super-Secret Pseudo-Private Regular Loungeā„¢.

3 Likes

peers over the bar at @RRRob

Oh good. Someone else is here and conscious. Excellent.

The fumigators just left, and Iā€™d recommend you ignore the sounds coming from Sub-Basement Alpha Gamma 3 (NOT Alpha Gamma 4!!) for the next few hours. Iā€™m going to head home and get some sleep before working on pulling down Halloween decor. If I leave it up too long, itā€™ll start decaying. But fair warning, if I come back in here and there is ANY CHRISTMAS DECOR up already, I will find the perpetrators and personally feed them to Nessie.

staggers to door

Aw heck, the sunā€™s out. Mrrr.

6 Likes

Way ahead of you. Rule #55 specifies that winter holiday decor (and celebrations) may only be displayed (or occur, in the case of celebrations) between the fourth Friday of November and January 15 of the calendar year immediately following.

3 Likes

Donā€™t dally. Sometimes the decorations come to life if you leave them up too long. And not just the ones that were living before you put them up.

4 Likes

I can see that weā€™re going to have to amend Rule #53ā€¦

3 Likes

Even the amendment wonā€™t be violated if the decorations are removed prior to reanimation. Someone make sure @LadyStarblade doesnā€™t oversleep.

2 Likes

To be a bit more serious for just a moment, thanks @LadyStarblade for all of the Halloweā€™en videos. Those were a lot of fun to watch, and some of them the Garfield and Casper ones, along with the Addams Family episode, I hadnā€™t watched in decades. So thanks for the fun.

Now back to your regularly scheduled sarcasm and wit. :smile:

5 Likes

Well, Iā€™m back from vacation and I see this place hasnā€™t burnt down yet. I guess everyone was too smashed on pumpkin ale to remember how matches work.

Also, has anyone seen my fork? Itā€™s the one I use in the wall outlets.

6 Likes

You mean this one?

6 Likes

Aww, you washed the bits of skin off.

4 Likes

Iā€™m back. Whoā€™s been texting me nonstop? Sheesh. This is what I get for recharging my phone, natch. :wink:

Youā€™re welcome @LadyShelley ā€¦I rewatched the Garfield special for the first time in probably a couple decades and heck, I still remember all the songs! And how I soooo identify with Garfield as a character sometimes. :laughing:

Hahahaha, letā€™s just say I went through a fire extinguisher or two this weekend. And it wasnā€™t all because of the baby dragon someone brought up from the Sub-Sub-Basement!

And okay, okay, I know. Clean up. Iā€™m on it. Better now than later, I supposeā€¦

GIF by Ghostbusters

6 Likes

We knew that already. Unless youā€™re saying someone actually found the sub-sub-basement. In that case, we must have a meeting with them and learn of their adventures and force them to draw a map.

1 Like