I say old chap, cheerio and pip pip, vague British grumbling

3 Likes

Oh, Aye.

3 Likes

Ahoy hoy

3 Likes

Hail and well met, good sir!

2 Likes

We’ll start the Midwest good-byes just as soon as everyone says hello. Should only take a few hours.

4 Likes

Just had a proper, well as proper as it could be over the phone, Minnesota goodbye on my birthday. One of my close friends still up there had us saying goodbye for about an hour.

2 Likes

Oh hey I should really be going… nine conversations later… gosh it got so late

2 Likes

Remember, you have to slap the thighs when you say, “Welp, I guess I should head out” or it doesn’t count!

4 Likes

There are an astounding number of ways to play with your keys once you’ve got them in your hand, thinking “Keys are out. I’m gone. For realsies this time.”

1 Like

Mom can we just GO now?!

Im Late Paul Rudd GIF

1 Like

Thank you! Hello! Thank you!

All right, I need an adjudication here: is a “Catholic goodbye” the type that my mother and her family uses, vide licet, the protracted farewell that would never end if I didn’t step in and say, “OK, later, hosers!”? Or is the “Irish goodbye” just someone ducking out surreptitiously, without preamble?

All I know is after mass, “Ite, missa est,” and I’m out the door (always sit in the back by myself).

1 Like

All right! All right! Who let this guy in?!?

(She can stay, though. She’s cool.)

8 Likes

That was me.

But he was so sweaty. I was afraid he’d stroke out on the sidewalk out front, and that would have been more trouble than just letting him come in and get that core temp down a few degrees.

7 Likes

Man’s wearing a leather coat in Alabama, seems like he dug his own grave. Still, your compassion does you credit.

Just make sure he wipes down his bar stool.

9 Likes

Don’t mind me, just sitting here sippin’ bourbon and waiting for the rain to stop in the amenity room…

2 Likes