š™š™š™š Super-Secret, Pseudo-Private, Regular Loungeā„¢ šŸ¤«

Aw, I thought I was going to learn about some quirky fashion and instead, I find itā€™s a movie that

depicts a post-apocalyptic world ā€¦ where barbarians (the ā€œBrutalsā€) worship ā€œZardozā€, a stone god with the power to grant either death or eternal life, and who - in the opening scene - declares: ā€œThe gun is good! The penis is evil!ā€

Huh.

3 Likes

Zardoz is one of the very best. I always wondered what kind of crazy debt/gambling problem/addiction/divorce settlement Sean Connery must have had to convince James Bond to transform info thisā€¦

4 Likes

Well, you gotta admit, the fashion is pretty quirkyā€¦:woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I stand thoroughly corrected.
:flushed:

2 Likes

ā€œIā€™m sorry, Mr. Connery, but Cameo already has a lead singer.ā€

2 Likes

You know, I didnā€™t realize until a year ago or so that Zardoz is supposed to be a (terrible) bit of wordplay on ā€œWizard of Ozā€

Surrender Dorothy!

No, I still havenā€™t seen Zardozā€¦so many classics I forgot to mention in that thread about gaps in movie-seeing stuff.

But I have Beastmaster on deck soon! One day Iā€™ll be a real boy!

2 Likes

One time I didnā€™t realize that exposition was the part of a movie where they tell you things straight out so you know whatā€™s going on.

Well thereā€™s your problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well, I sure do appreciate the vote of confidence, Chief! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

McCloud!

2 Likes

Okay, number oneā€¦who brought this in here?

spice

Number twoā€¦HOW DARE YOU.

1 Like

The situation has been rectified.

Shipments of Pumpkin Spice Zimaā„¢ are en route.

3 Likes

Oh, is it rainy day ipecac time again?

1 Like

Come On Now That Aint Right Queen Latifah GIF by filmeditor

3 Likes

isaidwhatineededtosay

3 Likes

I said ā€œGive me the brandy!!!ā€

1 Like

Wait, to where? If itā€™s to the bowels of the earth to spare humanity, then thatā€™s fine.

If itā€™s to hereā€¦
will ferrell anchorman GIF

2 Likes

It wasā€¦other kids.

But, little known fact, theyā€™ve secretly replaced that vile syrup with gasoline.

Nobody would drink it anyway, but fair warning.

Itā€™s for repelling golems and such, in the Molotov fashion.

1 Like

Thatā€™s one of the reasons I keep the limited edition durian-flavored Otter Pops around for.

3 Likes

Where are the damned cheese straws?

Iā€™m hungry, dammit!

If some amphibious beast consumed them, I submit that overfeeding it might be an appropriate ā€œaccidentalā€ summum bonum.

Plus, the explosion would be worth it.

1 Like
3 Likes