SUPERNATURAL SUMMER TRIVIA: Test Your MST3K Knowledge!

Hello friends! As usual, the official OPEN THREAD for tonight’s livestream will go up a couple hours before the show starts. In the meantime, we’ve been experimenting with ways of including trivia about the month’s VAULT PICKS in the preshow segments for each livestream.

It hasn’t worked out this month, but we’ve got all these questions, so I thought I’d share them here for y’all to answer anyway.

The answers will be posted under a spoiler tag below! Good luck!

In The Magic Sword, Crow is bewitched by the beautiful Estelle Winwood, who plays what role in the film?

• A sorceress
  • A sentient mannequin
  • A magical horse
  • A seductive siren/hag

0 voters

In The Magic Voyage of Sinbad, “Sinbad” seeks the Bluebird of Happiness, but the bluebird he eventually finds doesn’t bring happiness, but rather:

• Despair
  • Flatulence
  • Confusion
  • Sleep

0 voters

The heroes of Quest of the Delta Knights are fighting to protect the secret magical storehouse of which real-life historical inventor?

• Marie Curie
  • Archimedes
  • Leonardo da Vinci
  • Steve

0 voters

Which of the following is NOT a tragic casualty of the terrible evil in Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders?

• A goldfish
  • Sparkle the dog
  • A cat
  • A rock 'n roll Martian

0 voters

How much Keefe is in this movie?

• 17 pounds
  • 100 kelvins
  • Miles
  • 1 astronomical unit

0 voters

EDIT: Fixed the Cave Dwellers joke.

8 Likes

Answers!

In The Magic Sword, Crow is bewitched by the beautiful Estelle Winwood, who plays what role in the film?

A sorceress

In The Magic Voyage of Sinbad, “Sinbad” seeks the Bluebird of Happiness, but the bluebird he eventually finds doesn’t bring happiness, but rather:

Sleep

The heroes of Quest of the Delta Knights are fighting to protect the secret magical storehouse of which real-life historical inventor?

Archimedes

Which of the following is NOT a tragic casualty of the terrible evil in Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders?

A rock ‘n roll martian

How much Keefe is in this movie?

Miles

6 Likes

I think “Oh, hush” should also be a valid answer for “How much Keefe is in this movie” since that was Jonah’s answer in Ator.

7 Likes

Argh, I should have specified how much O’Keefe is in Cave Dwellers, I suppose. :laughing:

7 Likes

Are we sure that the bluebird in “Sinbad” didn’t cause flatulence?

5 Likes

sleep = happiness

9 Likes

Your covered though, since Dwellers, not Ator was featured in this month’s vault picks.

3 Likes

That’s my new “go-to” excuse, “Not my fault, blame the bird!”

4 Likes

Fun fact: the seductive hag in Magic Sword was played by Vampira.

And Merritt Stone is one of the magic knights.

6 Likes

I thought he was hidden behind the ogre mask in that one—time for a rewatch!

4 Likes

WHO IS MERRITT STONE???

4 Likes

mst3k411king

Turns out that Merritt Stone is the king in The Magic Sword!

Here’s more about Merritt Stone over at MST3K Fandom:

5 Likes

I stand corrected. I thought he was Sir Patrick.

2 Likes

GAH! How did I forget? It’s Jack Kosslyn behind the ogre mask.

WHO IS JACK KOSSLYN!

2 Likes

It looks like the role of Sir Patrick of Ireland is credited to John Mauldin, who mostly did TV stuff. The Magic Sword appears to be his only credited film role.

3 Likes

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK KOSSLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYN

(He also crops up in the MST3Kverse as a lieutenant in the briefing room in The Amazing Colossal Man!)

4 Likes

You kind of hurt the joke. It’s:

“How much Keefe is in this movie?”

“Miles O’Keefe.”

2 Likes

He’s also the KTLA newscaster in War Of The Colossal Beast and Fraser in Earth vs The Spider.

As it turns out, he passed on this day in 2005, so he’s mentioned in Satellite News’ “This Day In MSTory” feature today.

3 Likes

Merritt Stone was also in Earth vs. the Spider as Carol’s dead dad.

Very small part.

Even smaller part, he was the minister in Tormented.

And even tinier role, he’s listed as ‘cop’ in War of the Colossal Beast.

3 Likes