suspenders posting

Tell us about you favorite suspenders.

Summary

Riffing on the title of the thread called “Suspending posters”, but not it’s content, this thread is all about those stretchy bits of strips that dangle over your shoulders to keep your pants and trousers from inopportunely hitting the floor.

6 Likes

Mork wore it the best.

12 Likes

His had flair before flair was cool. Then it was cool. But it wasn’t called flair until that movie.

6 Likes

For sure Mork had the best.

I prefer my belts, though. Good for whupping various neighborhood kids.

Well, they used to be good for that. They were sold at a police auction, for some reason.

5 Likes

The belts or the kids?

2 Likes

Well, the belts! What do I keep tabs on every young hooligan? Burlap sack or several.

I wouldn’t know!

But I liked those belts!

2 Likes

I never could figure out why firemen wore red suspenders. :frowning:

3 Likes

It was because velvet already took blue and yellow was taken by itsy-bitsy polka bedotted bikinis.

3 Likes

When my dad was still farming, he always wore suspenders. They weren’t special in any way. Just regular black suspenders.

5 Likes

The Golden Age of Suspenders starts and ends with Was (Not Was) starting around “Walk The Dinosaur” but ending with “Are You O.K.?” if I’m remembering right.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Braces

8 Likes

You got me thinking… suspenders-wearing characters that “appeared” on MST3K. I can think of:

• Orville Redenbacher (aka Crow)
  • Urkel (aka Mike)

who else?

6 Likes

11 Likes

I think that if I had just a little less in the chest department, it’d be cool to wear suspenders. (No, I’m not built like Dolly Parton. But it’s still too much.)

4 Likes

I always appreciated the novelty of playing as King in the Tekken games because of his suspenders.

6 Likes

The sexy, one-strap-off-the-shoulder look has always been appealing.
vlcsnap-2021-10-01-09h14m07s891

16 Likes

Sloth rocked it.

9 Likes

He sure did. And had excellent taste in candy bars.

That does raise, and answer, the question: what if a man himself had significant pectoral development?

I think they have to be tucked off to the side, the suspenders/braces.

As Sloth demonstrates.

But where do you hang radios and various devices with such a getup?

Also, have to sew on, through heavy canvas or denim, interior buttons for braces, so as to not shorten the life of the pant.

Yes, I’ve been successful using very large hand needles/sailcloth needles sewing through thick material, but it’s a hassle.

I vote belts, for the win. Also for the keeping young hooligans off one’s property.

3 Likes

You know, for kids.

10 Likes