#SvenhardGate

For those of you got the newsletter this week, you may have read about the craft service drama at the LA shoot involving a pile of uneaten Svenhard’s Raisin Snails.

This, of course, is an important issue for everyone who backed season 13 of MST3K. So I though the best thing to do was create a designated thread to discuss the drama surrounding this event.

#SvenhardGate

13 Likes

This will lead to the Halloween episode being a vengeful giant Raisin Snail going after the crew.

Either that or there’s a box marked “Raisin Snails” that has the escape pod this time.

11 Likes

Judging from the crew response to raisin snails, nobody is going to find that escape pod.

10 Likes

The name doesn’t make them sound appetizing but they are delicious

9 Likes

The plot thickens! If they are tasty, why were none eaten? The mind reels!

5 Likes

If they were called a Chelsea bun (why yes, I do watch a lot of the Great British Bake Off/Baking Show), they would be gone. Calling them a snail conjures phantom garlic and rubberiness. Not what I’m after in a breakfast pastry.

11 Likes

I smell a conspiracy here Nick. Raisin Snails! No Hamdingers?

11 Likes

It’s crow’s latest screenplay, “Invasion of the Raisin Snails.” I’m picturing a race of snails made of raisins flying in on their spaceships made of cinnamon toast. The name of the raisin snail invasion leader should be Sven, played by Joe Don Baker.

13 Likes

If there is ever to be another escape pod and it’s hidden in anything other than a crate of Raisin Snails, I’ll be sorely disappointed.

9 Likes

Raisin snails is just off the charts for bad product naming. It wouldn’t matter if the thing was flavor nirvana, you’ve encased it in culinary kryptonite. Now whatever you think of what’s in the can, Hamdingers is a peppy feel good name!

10 Likes

They might have gotten better results with a sign that said “DOES NOT CONTAIN ACTUAL SNAILS.”

I would have certainly eaten them.

9 Likes

Somehow I’m waiting for the next line to be “If we took the bones out it wouldn’t be crunchy, would it?”

11 Likes

Raisin Snail should have been one of those bad hybrid monster titles from Avalanche, like Swampnado and Wooly Clammoth

8 Likes

“Rail” pastries would have been a harder sell.

What the…

12 Likes

Is that the place where they sell fried mollusk strips and cuba toast?

2 Likes

And the legendary Steak a La Weismeyer!

2 Likes

This was my first thought too, I had to double-take at the photos to make sure I was seeing it right. Raisin Snails, seriously? I shiver to think what they’d call those little pecan twirls; maybe Crunchy Snails?

“Little Debbie is just crushing us in the market, I don’t understand it!”

5 Likes

French people named it.

4 Likes

i’ll tell you what, i couldn’t have let them sit there uneaten for 2 weeks without my curiosity getting the better of me. 100% would have tried.

6 Likes