Swimming Pools

“ROUND AND ROUND!!! WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND!!! I’LL TELL YOU WHY!!!” Public, Private, Water Parks, Slides. Going somewhere to swim. You, Family, Total Strangers. Chlorine, Deep End, Laps. So many possibilities. What’s yours? The perfect pool? Is there one?

My fave pool! Sometimes we set up movies!

5 Likes

Perfect for watching Jaws (1975).

4 Likes

We did do the live stream of Gamera there! :smiley:

4 Likes

Indiana State University has a great pool designed for kids. Which is silly because you have to be affiliated with the university and you have to pay extra to go there. It was good when I worked there though because my daughter was at the right age for it. The only problem I had with it was that it was so shallow that I always had to crouch down.

This is the only photo I can find and it doesn’t show the fountain on.

Plainfield, Indiana has a huge indoor and outdoor water park, which is maintained by the city, so it’s cheap to get in.

4 Likes
2 Likes

When I was a kid living in Germany we’d often go to this pool complex that I can’t even describe… I don’t know if it was a thousand acres or just seemed that way to a nine year old, but it had hot pools and cold pools, indoor and out (and a passageway between that I was never brave enough to swim, like an underwater tunnel). They had arcade games and a whole store that was nothing but different Gummi shapes (love the cola Gummis), and a cafe that served the best Pommes Frites in the the world. It was paradise.

3 Likes

Can’t pet this thread go on too long without mentioning the water park capital of the world - The Wisconsin Dells.

3 Likes