Synthia's Selects

I didn’t think the Vault Picks would be a big deal at first, but Synthia’s Selects changed all that. Add the Surveillance Videos and

11 Likes

I would have been happy with just the Synthia bits at the beginning and end, but there’s some great sketches hidden away in the surveillance videos. The headcoins bit in Deathstalker could have come right out of the early Joel era. The magic picnic basket made me giggle, too.

It’s definitely a good incentive to dig into them every month.

10 Likes

Any time they want to movie that content to the MST3K YouTube channel as a “This is why you need to download the Gizmoplex app rather than rewatching MST3K episodes on Twitch / Roku / Pluto / Shout Factory” teaser, I am very much game.

4 Likes

The ‘Summer Monster’ bit just wrecked me. Had to hit Pause to finish laughing.

5 Likes

I want an Aleister Crow-ley and his crystal ball playset, with Servo pop-up prediction action!

4 Likes

Just bumping this thread to say that I, too, love wings.

7 Likes

Wings?

9 Likes

Excuse me, I have a theme party to cater and throw.

7 Likes

Agreed :100:. I feel like I, and all the other fans like me, explained how we watch MST3K and they heard us.

I’m often (6 times a month is a good guess) in the mood to pop on a random episode while I go about my day. Now I have a selection of episodes for those exact days, plus Easter eggs. :heartpulse:

6 Likes

The silver bullet of adult responsibility has definitely come for me, but now I kinda want to know more about tween wolves.

6 Likes

Does anyone else wish the “Synthia’s video diary” jingle from season 12 would make an appearance? It’s so catchy!

5 Likes

It’s definitely made the question of which episode to put on a lot easier to answer. And I’m revisiting episodes I otherwise might never have otherwise picked.

7 Likes

Amy Yasbeck is no Farrah Forke.

4 Likes

And Wings loves you!

5 Likes

Hearing Tom Servo discourse on medieval weaponry like :flushed:. I’m still getting used to Conor’s super-smooth delivery.

9 Likes

I’m still annoyed Paramount+ is missing so many episodes of Wings. I think it’s music rights, but something like 20 episodes over the course of the show are missing, including a lot of key ones for overarching character development.

On the plus side, the complete series DVD is only like $30 at this point.

3 Likes

Yeah, but for $30, you could buy a big sandwich.

5 Likes

“Oh, is the great Joel Robinson bridging the generation gap again?

You have no idea, sirs. :smiling_face_with_tear:

10 Likes

Yes! Thank you. I recently abandoned a full series rewatch of Wings more than halfway through because of this problem. It’s maddening!

3 Likes

Has anyone mentioned Synthia blowing bubbles in her mug yet?

Because that kind of understated peripheral stuff Rebecca does is where the funny lives. Straight-up genius.

13 Likes