Synthia's Selects

Agreed.

Especially if he was already aware of that closing host segment in The Undead where Servo forces Mike to read an apology as Leonard Maltin.

9 Likes

Who’s got two thumbs and is watching the beginning and end of the July vault picks to make sure I get to enjoy all the Synthia Selects before they’re gone? This (probably) human!

9 Likes

If you use the timecodes I posted, you can get the middle parts too.

4 Likes

Oh ho, time to go find your time codes within the next couple of hours!

5 Likes
7 Likes

Ahh, you kids! In my day we didn’t have time code— well, okay we did—

But we didn’t use them for— well, okay, we did that too— but now—

That’s CHEATING, that is!

4 Likes

I didn’t even know there were these extras! It sounds like I need to go in and watch those episodes!

4 Likes

They make the Vault Picks Must See TV!

7 Likes

Watch 'em quick! They get cycled out tomorrow!

3 Likes

It’s that time of the month, when we mourn last month’s selections and get hyped for the new ones.

The site seems to be mid-update, but it looks like we’re getting:

Master Ninja I and II
Fugitive Alien
Invasion of the Neptune Men
Prince of Space
The Wild World of Batwoman

More Japanese space stuff than I expected.

11 Likes

Hmm, yeah, I thought they might go with Samson vs the Vampire Women, another masked hero from Mexico to go along with Batwoman

4 Likes

Ken!!!

4 Likes

Pretty nice!

4 Likes

The Master Ninja flicks and Fugitive Alien are a few that I’ve just never got around to seeing start-to-finish. They stream ALL THE TIME, so I’ve seen enough bits and pieces to get a pretty good sense of them, but this will be a neat excuse to finally check them off my list.

7 Likes

Oh my god. Some of my all-time favorites.

I can literally lip-synch along with Fugitive Alien. :rofl:

(I’m loving these Selects. They’re a big cherry on top of all of the other content being released.)

7 Likes

My guess at the theme of “sorta Asian heroes” was actually pretty close.

I’m currently watching Invasion of the Neptune Men, but I’m realizing that’s what a Leonardo would do. :woman_facepalming:t3:

8 Likes

I started with this one last night, and I don’t think I’ll rewatch it again - it hasn’t aged well. I’d kind of forgotten about America’s deep strain of Japanophobia in the 90s and didn’t care for the reminder. Can’t win ‘em all, guys.

The GizmoBlips, OTOH, solid gold as always. Speed is an always-welcome 90s revival.

7 Likes

Ah, Prince of Space! We like it very much!

OK, now I really want a Hot Pocket pocket. Another merch opportunity, guys!

The whole multiversal thin mint theft bit with Crow and Emily was great, but we also get to see more Pearl-Synthia interactions. Synthia’s excited puppy antics and Pearl’s… Pearlness are so much fun. Spinoff talk show, anyone?

7 Likes

:notes: Pearl and Synthia in the morning! :notes:

10 Likes

Just saw the Surveillance Video in Batwoman.

I thought I was gonna die!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes