Synthia's Selects

Tonight I put on my leather action skirt and had one last Justice.

Wait, Sanka is still a thing?! That’s just wrong. We end this episode still not knowing what Joe Don’s deal is, but that’s ok. I’m pretty sure I don’t want to know. And, no, we’re not having a drum circle.

Meanwhile, on the SoL, how do you know that you’re not a deadly amnesiac? I don’t recommend having someone attack you to check, but if you do make sure to film it. The two things I couldn’t help noticing in this sketch is that Emily’s the same height as Crow and Servo and how good Kelsey’s puppeteering was.

6 Likes

A reminder of how amazing it’d be if they got to riff that Seventies mainstay of “warmed-over spy stew”: Telefon. Cuz how could we not have saved room for another serving of Ham A La Pleasence? :fork_and_knife:

2 Likes

Never seen it, but Dyonald and the poster suggest it could be very riffable!

2 Likes

If memory serves, they don’t bother to weigh Bronson down with a crappy Russian accent. So there’s that, I guess.

1 Like

I hereby vow to attempt to add a “Bart Fargo Bart Fargo Bart Fargo” after ever instance of " toy boat toy boat toy boat".

5 Likes

I just watched Operation Whatever Title. You know, the one where Thunderball is trying to steal the geometric nucleus from Ator’s castle. And I think Bela Lugosi’s trying to stop him. I thought he was dead by this point, but who else can hypnotise people for no reason? I was a bit distracted trying to say “Hannah, Daryl Hannah” in my best Sean Connery accent, so I might have some of the details wrong.

We start off with our favorite talk show host clone traumatising Crow by informing him he doesn’t have an older brother. It’s fine, though, because later we see her softer side when she offers to make him one if it’ll make him feel better. Aww!

Anyway, splunge anyone?

Oh, yes, and there’s a brief behind-the-scenes clip after the episode where Joel talks about it.

5 Likes

Hey, I’ve got a great new game! Let’s all guess what Synthia’s trigger words are. Rumple Minze! Sheboygan!

I’ve been putting off Invasion USA because I just don’t like it. I get enough insane nationalism and repression in my normal life, and the short and movie highlight the toxic nature of the 1950’s. Mike and the bots do what they can, but the riffing can’t save this one for me. Still, there was a brief bright spot in the final host segment, with a toy Fozzie Bear that I had as a kid inexplicably sitting on the desk.

Anyway, this time Synthia’s hostbombed by Cousin Oliver M. Waverly again. The little guy’s growing on me. We witness an educational discussion about henchmen on the SoL, which we could all learn from. I make mine practice Wilhelm screams at least 30 minutes every day.

This one includes a documentary about Al Zugsmith, too, which thankfully isn’t all about this movie.

And now, Waverly away!

6 Likes