Synthia's Selects

I checked the Gizmoplex version of the regular episode. The audio is synced fine on that version, but there’s a different oddity. When they go to some commercial breaks there’s a longer than normal blank space before they return from the break, almost as if there was actually supposed to be a short Madvertisement there or something. Nothing I’m going to have a heart attack over, I just thought it was odd.

1 Like

I would like to express some appreciation for the “Download to watch” feature in the virtual theater. My wife and I just went on some unexpected travel and needed to figure out what to do on a 2-hour plane ride. My wife suggested watching MST3K on board and I suddenly remembered that I can just pre-download a couple episodes and watch them on the plane without having to pay for airline wi-fi.

What I didn’t expect was that it would work with Vault Picks. I was able to pre-download The Dead Talk Back and The Undead and watch them, complete with the new host segments and Synthia’s Selects wraps, while we were hurtled through the air from Albuquerque to Houston and back. As someone who often doesn’t get to all 6 vault picks in a month, this was a godsend!

TLDR: Vault Picks - I would watch them on a train. I would watch them on a plane.

9 Likes

You must have either found an early bug, or already own the episodes. Vault Picks shouldn’t be downloadable.

1 Like

Like not as a file I can burn or keep. Just as an option to stream while offline. You click the three dots and choose download.

And then it shows up in your Offline tab in your library.

8 Likes

I did the same thing with a select when I was flying a few months back. It’s a handy feature.

5 Likes

Ahh gotcha. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, “downloadable on an app for offline viewing” is a different status than “downloadable to a hard drive forever.”

Someone should really invent new, discrete terminology for these kind of edge cases. Like, “the new short is kernshaffable but not downloable.”

Look, I’ll workshop it.

12 Likes

Tried to say “librarable” out loud and fell into a brbrbrbrbr wormhole. Please send help.

9 Likes

Outloadable? Like an outboard motor?

“If the trip is going to take that long you’d better give me a couple of minutes first to Johnson a Vault Pick.”

5 Likes

I like bewatchable, for no particular reason. “Yeah, don’t worry, I’ve got it so we can bewatch that on the plane.”

4 Likes

Ephemeraloadable?

Ephemerable?

5 Likes

Offlineable? Offloadable?

4 Likes

Temporary Offline-Accessible Download? TOAD.

“Hey honey, I got a TOAD for the road.” What could go wrong?

6 Likes

4 Likes

I have the exact same sunglasses!

6 Likes

What’s it like being a Hollywood golden age queen? :star_struck:

6 Likes

I saved the best for last this month. Bride of the Monster is one of my favorite episodes. An Ed Wood classic, Hired! the Musical, the return of Willy the Waffle Sprite. How can you make that any better?

Add Synthia and Pearl! I love the Synthia and Pearl interactions (Mary Jo is just the best), and this time we see a bit more motherly concern from Pearl over her clone’s “entertainment phase”. There’s even a bit of tough love, possibly setting up something for next month? Time will tell! Oh, and is anyone surprised that Pearl has a collection of dead husbands?

The Halloween candy sorting on the SoL is fun. It’s totally in character for Servo to have such an elaborate system. Poor Emily, though, doesn’t get any of it.

There’s a short documentary about the film at the end, which is well worth hanging around for.

7 Likes

I just finished watching that one while doing some more Halloween crafts. I really enjoyed the doc at the end, I was always a George “The Animal” Steele fan.

4 Likes

I loved how much of a Tor fanboy he was.

5 Likes

Really liked that Synthia rocked the Kingavision 3D paper glasses in The Undead one! :smiley:

4 Likes