Synthia's Selects

Looks like we’re in Nothing As It Seems Month now. We’ve got Rocket Attack USA, Time of the Apes, Monster a-go-go, Night of the Blood Beast, Village of the Giants, and Bloodlust in the lineup. I like the Steves and the giant teens, but the others aren’t ones I watch very often, so it’ll be an interesting delve into the back catalogue.

5 Likes

With a few massive shockers to rock some of our selections!

Rocket Attack USA and Night of the Blood Beast have turned into Pearl’s Selects now!!!

And Village of the Giants and Monster A Go-Go are now Mega-Synthia’s Selects!!!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

4 Likes

Shakin’ things up!!

5 Likes

Well that could mean a Triple Threat Match for the MST3K Clones Championship!
Or they could change the Vault Picks into Forresters’ Faves…then the Triple Threat Match.

But if we have a season 14, does that mean Growler and Waverly take over that part of the Gizmoplex?

Take that, WWE Raw. But it maybe suggest Mary Jo will step back because of Rifftrax and her gig with Dumb Industries (where the Real Mads are hiding out)

3 Likes

Oh wow, Monster a Go-Go. That’s gonna be a fun one to come back to.

4 Likes

What strikes me as hilarious was that this WAS alluded to in one of the Synthia’s Selects segments from last month.

And I randomly viewed one of the Synthia’s Selects in question without reading the description, saw what we got, and I HOWL-LAUGHED ACCORDINGLY.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Advert mistake

Does anyone else notice that Bloodlust is missing the skit that usually appears with every vault pick episode?

3 Likes

Seeing Monster-a-Go-Go to see how Mega is handling the vault picks.

She’s changed from surly teen to Queen Elizabeth on a bender. It’s clearly due to the fact she’s been ignored until now.
So we’re getting a Thanksgiving dinner where all the Forresters gather for what could be the
“final showdown”? Since the Turkey Day show is 16 hours this year, who knows?

6 Likes

Very pleasantly surprised to see the bumpers expanded to include Pearl and Mega Synthia! I know it was telegraphed last month, but this was still really neat to see! Have to say: Really liked seeing Mega Synthia get more air time.

Really cool to get Penn Jillette to open the Vault Picks!

The Gizmoblip with both Emily and Jonah was so good! Got a huge laugh out of me!

7 Likes

Oh thank god. I was just going back and forth trying to find the damn thing because I thought I missed it.

3 Likes

The Unearthly was missing one too last month. (Unless I missed it somehow.) I think the middle-of-the-episode blips aren’t always a guarantee.

2 Likes

I had assumed I fell asleep during that part…

1 Like

There was one in the Unearthly… where the Bots have a séance, but Jonah disapproves.

I couldn’t find one for Bloodlust

4 Likes

Wow I solidly do not remember that… I guess I did actually fall asleep during the middle… Not even Tor and John Carradine can keep that one from being a chore.

2 Likes

The other vault picks going back to may 2022 when the sylvia intros and outros were introduced all had at least 1 host segment (some had a bonus feature at the end and at least monster month had an additional segment from Dr. Donna. Bloodlust is the first episode where there doesnt seem to be anything else other than the intro and outro.

1 Like

Shoot. That means I missed it while trying to skip to host segments late Halloween night.

So, @ivan or anyone else that might know: Are you guys holding out on us? Are we missing a segment, or is Bloodlust the first one to only have the intro and outro?

1 Like

Synthia, not Sylvia.

1 Like

Return of the Mole People confirmed.

1 Like

It was an editing oversight. Bloodlust will be updated with a gizmoblip asap.

13 Likes