Terrible Food Ideas

I went to a holiday party a few nights ago and the hostess had ordered a great big tray of Buffalo Chicken Wings. And it struck me as kind of funny that an entire industry has been built around the most inedible part of a chicken.

What other horrible food ideas can you come up with? And an ad slug to sell them? My suggestion:

Cincinnati Squid Beaks

“Radical CRUNCH, Dude!”

2 Likes

Coffee cheese

“Hey, you got your cheese in my coffee…”

3 Likes

Sabra makes dark chocolate hummus.

Let me say that again- SABRA MAKES DARK CHOCOLATE HUMMUS.

If there was ever a reason to raid a corporation and shut it down for crimes against humanity…

4 Likes

Wings are fine if prepared well. I realize that’s an awfully big IF. Buffalo sauce has been around for half a century, at least, too. Kind of stretching the definition of “fad” there.

But all right. Following this dubious standard: how about pretty much every kids’ breakfast cereal? Even when young I thought most of that sh*t was gross. : P

3 Likes

Buffalo wings? A fad? No! Wings are more edible than feet, which are better than the gizzards, and are more edible than the head of a chicken.

Pizza and wings? Add some Labatt Blue and you got yourself a party!

But, I see the point: everything’s a wing now, including things that aren’t wings. Boneless chicken “wings,” and all kinds of other whatnotteries.

I nominate "bubble tea," or whatever it’s called.

And Dippin’ Dots.

2 Likes

Buffalo wings have been a fad for 30+ years now. I remember when I first discovered them, in college near Rochester, NY in 1986.

I ran out of meal points on my card looooong before the end of the semester.

3 Likes

Bubble Tea is really only a “fad” in this part of the world. Pretty sure on the other side it’s just a beverage. :man_shrugging:

If I was allowed to drink an entire 5-lb. bag of sugar at a meal, I’d drink one every day. : P

3 Likes

It’s absolutely terrible. Somehow it’s gritty.

3 Likes

That reminds me of when the pandemic began and everybody was rushing in to stock up on food, sombody took a pic in a Trader Joe’s, I think, of a cooler aisle where the shelves had been picked clean - except for containers of Chocolate Hummus.

26458148-8157675-image-a-12_1585257581655

And Buffalo Style Hummus! Which is probably good, when you’re in the right mood HA.

3 Likes

I think it must be the outgrowth of all those “health & beauty” magazines which burbled Oh chocolate’s SO GOOD for you but you can only have 2 squares a day and it MUST be the kind which has so little sweetener in it that it tastes like waxy chewing tobacco!! lol.

I call this the medicine-i-zation of what was once a good time. See also: “Garlic tablets.” For pity’s sake if you don’t like garlic, don’t consume it. There’s other healthy food you might enjoy if you just tried it.

3 Likes

I updated the forum to make it more generally about terrible food ideas.

We’re looking to the future of terrible food; not so much the past.

I have another one: The gullets of expired paté geese could be turned into…

Deep Fried Goose Tubes

“Fill 'em with your favorite soft cheese!”

or…

“You can really taste the esophagus!”

or…

“Hey Mom, more Goose Tubes!”

2 Likes

I’ve eaten at Taco Bell. So I probably can’t point fingers. :confused:

3 Likes

Taco Bell has the best goose tubes.

…Finish with a deep draught of a purple fizzy Gatorade which has pretend gold flakes in it. o_0

3 Likes

They put minced goose tubes inside a goose tube, which is used like a pastry bag to squeeze out the right amount of goose tube into the fried goose tube shells. Trust me, I had a friend who worked at TB for a few months.

And add some cilantro and stuff. Which are really flavored, finely chopped goose tubes.

I actually like Taco Bell, though. I don’t often eat fast food, but when I do, Taco Bell would be right up there among top choices.

Meh. I’d probably eat that. Hummus with hot sauce? Probably not the worst idea. Bold and sassy, and has nothing to do with Buffalo, but those are just details!

2 Likes

And, after the Franchise War, the only goose tubes!

3 Likes

I feel like we passed some bizarre cultural watershed at the point where Impossible-type “meats” began to have more meat-like qualities than whatever La Bell puts in its burger meat. o_0

I used to like them, and Popeye’s, but then they both abruptly decided that they didn’t like me anymore. [sulks]

1 Like

Hey my wife loves that stuff.

But personally I can’t stand it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Coffee cheese

I have “good” news for you: https://youtu.be/W2cIOOG4ImE

4 Likes

First I had to google this to see it for myself. Second … THERE ARE RECIPES FOR YOU TO MAKE IT AT HOME!!

NO! Just no!

2 Likes