Thank you for being a community

On a down day, it is really nice to look up and see that folks have “liked” some of my posts. It may be a small gesture, but gestures and symbols have meaning. For me it is a reminder that I am not alone. There may be no more important sentiment.

Thank you all! I shall continue to pay it forward.

70 Likes

You got that backwards, man: thank you for adding to this community.

34 Likes

Just one of the many reasons why this forum is so awesome!

25 Likes

I second that.

It’s great to have MST3K fans gathered here, both old and new.

26 Likes

I would argue it is our obligation to forge a supportive community for our fellow misties. But I will admit it is also a supreme pleasure.

It is an honor to be heard.

24 Likes

If you’re up for some monkey business, there’s always room for another in the Regular Lounge.

17 Likes

This makes my heart have happy!

16 Likes

I see all you mainstays of the community. You may not think of yourself that way, but you are. All of you do your part. Let this stand as quiet, out of the way acknowledgement of all of the people who put their love into this effort. You are treasured.

19 Likes

I’ve never been so in touch/open with other msties than I have during my time here. Getting to know everybody has been amazing & I’m looking forward to meeting more people here, it feels nice to have a place to ramble about my special interest to others who get it lol

25 Likes

One of the things I’ve noticed is everyone seems to be kind. I haven’t seen any arguments in the comments, which is a refreshing break from the rest of the internet. :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Since the vaccination thread was closed I have not seen an acrimonious post… or even a testy one. People are trying very hard.

I try to remember that many angry-sounding people have other stuff going on. Those folks are doing an extra-amazing job on here!

16 Likes

I disagree!

(I have no particular reason to do so. I just had to.)

24 Likes

How very disagreeable… unkind even!

Lol!

16 Likes

This is definitely a great place to decompress one’s internet life. When the other corners of the web I inhabit are getting too overbearing, I can always count on this community to put a smile on my face.

After all, we are all here for a shared love of bad movies, and the people who make fun of them. It’s hard to take a lot of things seriously when you are able to see the humor in the worst (movies) humanity has to offer.

23 Likes

The positivity on this forum is refreshing on an internet filled with negativity and arguments. We seem to be able to get along pretty well and I’m glad. MSTies are a good group of folks.

27 Likes

Who told you I’m a community? I’m not a colony of sentient algae wearing a human skin! My lawyers will be in touch, just as soon as I’ve had my twelve hours of sunlight.

22 Likes

Well we were going to suggest a cream for that …

16 Likes

I normally shun social just about anything, both online and off. Not antisocial so much as vehemently misanthropic. (Hence the House profile pic.) I am absolutely blown away by the way this fandom has proven that actually communicating with individuals with a shared interest is not the problem, but perhaps the raging dumpster fire most social media platforms (And in some respects society as a whole.) have devolved into. Thanks to all of you for proving not every social interaction online involves the need for a metaphorical shower afterwards to “wash the people off”. Much love to my fellow MSTies, and deepest respect.

27 Likes

I hate people and yet I love gatherings…

15 Likes

swagger clerks GIF

This is a shockingly civil and pleasant community. You’ve ruined me - where else can I go online now?

18 Likes