Thank you for being a community

FINE. I’ll just go here from now on!

15 Likes

On the other hand, there are more bacterial cells in your body than human cells.

13 Likes

And if you turned invisible all of the parts of your body that your DNA made, you would still see your own body as a shimmering “ghost” of floating nematodes.

13 Likes

I like forums like this, where everyone is friendly and good looking and intelligent. This is what the internet was supposed to be.

Every year of my life I grow more convinced that it is wisest and best to fix our attention on the beautiful and the good. :grinning:

27 Likes

You’re some human of indeterminate gender, Lowkeeba.

12 Likes

Well, thank you, OP.

Normally, I hate everything, and I also dislike nerds and frail people.

But you all are OK.

Unlike some “let’s get together” MST3K “mixer” “dance,” people are themselves here, and it’s no small compliment that one abides by the “rules,” since there aren’t many.

One just understands, and is not too serious. I would say that is a rule of the game.

What was her name, that upstart, Deana Troi? The one about the dolphins or whales or whatever in the Star Trek movies?

Right. Too bad about that kind of thing.

10 Likes

Speak for yourself!

I’m OK, but while I keep up on my vaccines and am scrupulous about dental hygiene and other, I can be bested.

Not James Bested.

But Ingrid Gouded or better, thou scrub!

8 Likes

Of course I’m human. Who says I’m not human? That’s ridiculous. What’s with all the questions?

Sci-Fi Space GIF by RiffTrax

16 Likes

You ARE our Huckleberry.

13 Likes

I hate that you beat me to this reply! :wink:

11 Likes

I love how this thread has become a kind of “meta lounge” for people to laugh about us as a community and our shared context. This rules!

11 Likes

5th Element - Corbin Dallas, “Negative! I am a meat popsicle” GIF

14 Likes

Mooby’s?
kevin anderson GIF

9 Likes

I hear you, Jimmy. I hear you, jimmy.

Well, all those attributes are, you know…like—a spectrum. It’s a big tent here. Almost like a cheesy movie circus. Or a great space circus showooowooo.”

10 Likes

I keep reading the header of this like

“We live in a society”

9 Likes

Not me, sheeple!

:laughing:

11 Likes

Post about a community and no one bats an eyelash, but post about a society and everybody looses their memes!

14 Likes

Society’s to blame, man!

TheBeatniks

10 Likes

Damn right!

10 Likes

Come on in, Jedediah!

Pour yourself some Paul Masson.

They don’t call me Daddy-O for nothing.

6 Likes