That Little Thing They Love To Do

What’s that little thing folks love to do in MST experiments? That won’t leave your mind? Drinking coffee, eating bologna sandwiches and pork and beans, going on dune buggy rides, making out in the car and “still kissing six straight days?” Name the thing you can’t forget?

Dialing phones

I mean how many hours have they added to films over the years?

6 Likes

A metric crap ton.

1 Like

Dancing! So much dancing!
Dancing with Little Richard hopped up on goofballs. Dancing with gigantic ducks. Dancing while a monster invades the dance hall (perhaps a half dozen experiments or more there). Dancing in space during a low gravity fight scene. More dancing in space while a muscular hero pretends not to notice. I don’t want to go on with the list. :grimacing:

So, dancing. That’s my answer.

4 Likes

Rock climbing…and rock climbing.

4 Likes

I see this commented on more in Rifftrax, but driving and parking. As if we’d have no idea how someone got out of the car if they don’t show it pulling in, parking, getting out, closing the door…

9 Likes

Praying to Mothra in Godzilla vs the Sea Monster (1966). Seen also in Mothra (1961) and dramatized by Tom and Crow.

Or getting on and off boats. Thank goodness they show it every time, because how would I know if they properly (dis)embarked?

2 Likes

What is this obsession with not showing who is getting into what vehicle?!

2 Likes

Beats me. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Walking through sandstorms. I know technically it was just that one time, but it went on for so long it severely skews the data lol

1 Like

Contaminated sample. :grin:

1 Like

Joe Don Baker relishing feeding the pie hole. Food riffs were thick in both Joe experiments. Baker harbored a soft spot on eating scenes it seemed.

I second “parking.” Hobgoblins was like 20% parking scenes

3 Likes

Parking is an institution in countless MST experiments. So many 50s and 60s B movies involved teenagers it’s a forgone conclusion.

1 Like

“Paint my muscle car prune color please!” :joy: That never gets old.

James Nguyen is just a gift from the heavens, it’s impossible now for me to think of parking without thinking of his movies. I can only imagine the fun they would have had in host segments if MST had done Birdemic, etc.

2 Likes