The 70s Thread - The Party Did Never Stop!

CLANG_Freshmaker

4 Likes

That’s what I heard as well :woman_shrugging:

Somebody here must have Kevin Murphy on speed dial. I’m sure he remembers it like it was yesterday. :hourglass:

1 Like

I think there’s a reason leisure suits never made a comeback when so many other '70s fashions did.

2 Likes

When I was about 18 years old I was wearing a sand-colored one and my friend’s little brother said I looked like a desert rat.

1 Like

@GamerasMom Too easy for us to quell our anxiety about stuff matching? Less money spent? [shrug] At least millions have apparently said a decisive “No” to spending all day at the iron regardless of whether collars lie perfectly flat after washing. That was long overdue.

@FastidiousRobot :sunglasses: “You magnificent automaton!! I read your book!!”

1 Like

So how many 70’s kids know how to make a call on this?

5 Likes

If they’ve watched Century 21 enough times, they can probably get over okay. :wink:

But jumpsuits are eternal.

8 Likes

Pretty sure he was Barbarino.

What ugly fashions in the 1970s!

2 Likes

Bright colors on guys! Certainly we all thought it was the end (!!!) times.

This psychedelic fashion looks more like a holdover from the late 1960s. It also looks like they made those from some paisley curtains or bedsheets.

3 Likes

Yeah…the earth tones & palettes of the 1970s do not hold up well today.

3 Likes

That plaid would be fine on a flannel shirt.

BIG SALE ON FLANNEL!!! Oh, wait.

Hey, is that OJ Simpson on the right?! I didn’t know he was a model for men’s clothing catalogs.

2 Likes

I would wear those flowered pants right now. Also, I miss being able to change trou without taking off one’s shoes first. lol

2 Likes

One more as I don’t want to monopolize this thread…

A Bell Sleeve-Bell Bottom Suit?! I’m sold - where can I buy one?

2 Likes

As with the poets shirts later on, eating soup becomes a risky proposition.

However, it’s cool how you can keep your wallet and several packs of cigarettes in 'em, thus eliminating the need for pockets.

3 Likes

This aggression toward pockets will not stand, maaan :slight_smile:

2 Likes