The ABYSMAL MST3K Animated Shorts

I liked these.
Rifftrax riffed “Reel Living” but it wasn’t one of their finer moments. Basically variations on “Shut up and die!” for the length of the short. Tsk.

4 Likes

Wait, they riffed “Reel Livin’”? Seriously, where can I get it?

1 Like

Here ya go.

3 Likes

CireDark’s legendary riff of Jim Mallon’s lame attempt at bringing back the bots of MST3k. Titled “Reel Livin”, it’s a miseably bad cartoon depicting our beloved bots in a pathetic flash animation… and yet, it was quite worthy of being ripped to shreds by the voices of Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett.

This riffed version has now become one of the most popular videos at cuts.com , and Mike Nelson himself got a chuckle out of the irony of it all. Hats off to CireDark for giving this cartoon exactly what it deserved.

It’s not official.

4 Likes

Meh. Didn’t really help.

1 Like

Wonder if CireDark used actual soundbites of Mike, Kevin, and Bill or he and his friends recorded them by themself.

1 Like

Cuts.com essentially allowed folks to use clips of the trio to create their own Youtube edit videos. I think text was possible so you could do a text riff of a video, too. It ended up getting acquired by Rifftrax and folded into the site itself.

2 Likes

So that’s why Mike loved it!

1 Like

Welcome to the world of Mystery Science Theater. I beg you, do not purchase this mince.

1 Like