The Bridget and Mary Jo Appreciation Thread

Well, FWIW, it’s listed in IMDB as her.

Wait, did you put that in? :eyes:

3 Likes

It is?! Sweet.

It wasn’t there when I first watched the movie…two years ago? So maybe another Rifftrax fan saw it, heard my silent prayer and added it in for me.

Bless them.

2 Likes

The riffs in the Phoebe short are top notch. But I have so many questions about this pre-MTV attempt at a vignette of teenage love/lust. Was it the filmmakers’ goal to depict everyone as obnoxious and completely unlikable? Well, if so, great, GREAT job, NFBONF. (Y’know, even your bilingual acronym sounds like a vain, jerky theater guy blathering his way through an empty house.)

Suddenly I miss Centron and Young America and their stilted, overscripted odes to morality and ideal families.

2 Likes

Another goodie from B&MJ

2 Likes

Another new one from Bridget & Mary Jo! Be meta and put a shopping cart in your RiffTrax shopping cart. :smile:

4 Likes

The Front Line is a peach! I had a mini-anthology viewing of it along with The Home of the Future and The Lady and the Rocket, and it was very satisfying indeed.

3 Likes

New stuff from Bridget & MJ!

3 Likes

Oh thank goodness, I was wondering when we were going to get another feature length release from the ladies. And here it is, and it’s a MHC!

First the Livestream, then the Rifftrax.

4 Likes

That’s an immediate must-buy for me, even with the MST3K back catalogue landing in my lap.

4 Likes

And bought, watched, and enjoyed. There’s a quality to all the MHC films that is a bit difficult to describe, but I’ll try.

There are the characters the actors are supposed to be portraying, and then there are the characters they actually end up portraying. The latter is of lesser quality than the former - they’re never quite as charming, or smart, or confident, or sexy, or witty, as who they are meant to be. But, and this is the critical part, everyone acts like their fellow actors are pulling off those charming, smart, etc characters. It’s like each actor totally buys that the person they are talking to is an impossibly debonair man or powerfully devastating woman, even though we can’t see it.

I probably didn’t explain this very well, but maybe you get the feeling too.

7 Likes

That one is sitting in my cart right now, just waiting for the next sale weekend.

1 Like

Oo, a sale, will probably get the latest Max Havoc in that one. Sort of tempted by A Dangerous Man since Bill is the lead writer on it, but I don’t know if I can watch that much Sodden Seagull in one sitting.

2 Likes

The one B&MJ did with the guy who died on a golf course (or something like that) … was that also MHC? I know there have been one or two others.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s a MHC movie titled He Sees You When You’re Sleeping. The others in the catalogue besides that one and the new one are Lucky Day and Before I Say Goodbye. Both are highly recommended, with the latter probably my favorite of the run so far.

4 Likes

Ah! Thanks—I have all of those, but have probably only seen them once and can’t keep them straight. Time for a rewatch all the way around.

2 Likes

I’ve seen them all multiple times and still couldn’t match the title to the plot if you asked. But I do enjoy them.

2 Likes

He Sees You When You’re Sleeping - yes, it was!

This new one is another in the ‘I think my husband might be a murderer, but he’s totally OK with that!’ entries of MHC stories.

Wouldn’t that be a relationship killer? You’d think?

5 Likes

Maybe it’s like the more serious version of the Pina Colada song. They both set out to cheat on each other with the personal ad, but somehow it makes everything good again.

He lied about being married before and she leapt to the worst possible conclusion but in the end they learned a valuable lesson about each other. :slight_smile:

Or something.

5 Likes

Oh, hey! I didn’t even notice the sale notice for this weekend further down the announcement email for the new MHC title. Code: MOTHER

4 Likes

It’s odd, usually they’ll advertise sales on the main page. I don’t think I even got an email about it.

I did use it to get the new Steven Seagull riff.

5 Likes