The Cheesy Movies 'Cheese Of The Month Club!'

Celebrate your next viewing of Avalanche with Ski Queen!

7 Likes

The Incredible Melting Man and a nice bowl of fondue, because obviously.

8 Likes

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and Yancy’s Fancy dill Cheddar. Just don’t wrap a slice around a candy cane. That would be weird.

I love Ski Queen. I think it tastes a little like peanut butter, if peanut butter was a cheese.

4 Likes

Oooh, The Magic Sword is one of my absolute favorites! Each a cheese cracker every time they make a joke about being French…

2 Likes

Fondue also works with Avalanche. You know that ski resort in the '70s was serving up the fondue 24/7.

7 Likes

Ya’ know… I like fondue. But long before RT did jokes about its safety risks it occurred to me that you really don’t want to provide crowds of drunks in close quarters with long ultra-pointy forks and liquid that burns skin easily. Least of all on such an unsteady platform. A slow-cooker doesn’t look as glamorous but it’s way more stable as a keeper of molten cheese.

7 Likes

Rogue River Blue Cheese + Last Of The Wild Horses, which was partially filmed in Rogue River Valley. Shoulda’ thought of that yesterday. :yum:

6 Likes

I had a similar realization about food, drunks and loose morals but it is not appropriate for this forum.

1 Like

Lemme’ guess: the big reveal would be that it was impossible to look good in the Seventies.

2 Likes

Nope, nope, this was a '90s-based observation. And it was really grody. Really.

But it wasn’t impossible to look good in the '70s, only nigh impossible. Lindsay Wagner, for example, pulled it off. Somehow. There was one other person, too. I don’t think Linda Carter counts, though, since she mostly ran around in that onesie.

3 Likes

I’ve reached the age where I kinda’ wish that someone would tailor me a leisure suit. Mostly for the extremely helpful aspect where spills would just roll right off the Quiana [tm] or whatever they’d call the appropriate double-knit synthetic today.

4 Likes

I feel like that’s coming. It feels very '70s lately.

3 Likes

And we should call them that, too. I refuse the term pantsuit at this point because of all the political baggage attached to it.

2 Likes

What a world we live in where clothing items have political baggage.

3 Likes

David Bowie looked great in the 70s. But he had to be David Bowie to pull it off.

4 Likes

And that is how to riff.
I’m not sure how many will get it, though.

2 Likes

Holy moley! I should have thought of that! I lived there for a while.

2 Likes

I refuse the term pantsuit at this point because of all the political baggage attached to it.

I’ve always preferred the term speedsuit, especially after watching The Venture Bros.

Edit: Sorry! I’m still learning how to reply and quote text!

4 Likes

Oh, she DEFINITELY pulled it off, onesie or no.

Sorry, what was this thread about again?

3 Likes

I have NO idea.

3 Likes