The Club-MST3K Video Link Archive: NOW SHARING!

I haven’t been able to access the website for a few days now. Has it, and its hundreds of video links, bitten the dust permanently?
Is anyone else able to access http://www.club-mst3k.com at all, let alone log in?

Here’s the link to my emergency life-raft of links to “Other Vids”.

8 Likes

I’m seeing a “this site is trying to redirect too many times” error, which suggests someone broke it rather than letting the domain/hosting expire. So hopefully it’s not dead, just in need of some fixing.

5 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that this week. It’s dead, Jim. :confused:

@TheBindingPolymer mentions it’s on WayBack Machine, but while I see the set-up made there I don’t see many actual working links.

6 Likes
2 Likes

When I go to their main archive page there’s only one date to actually click on, and it just gets wound up in limbo until I give up and close the tab. That could be our spotty internet copping an attitude, I guess.

2 Likes

Okay, I could get in via a recent web archive link.
Is there a way to extract all the video links on there and save them for posterity/another website?
Especially the “Other Vids” section, because a lot of us did a lot of work hunting down links to MST3K and MST3K-related ephemera, to make them accessible all from one place.

3 Likes

Can you find a page with one of the videos in question? I’ve tried a few but keep getting “The Wayback Machine has not archived that URL” for the video itself.

If you can provide a page with a video, I can test downloading the video through VLC. That’s normally how I locally persist online videos when a direct download link isn’t supplied.

1 Like

Nothing lasts forever.

Only love.

5 Likes

Thank you, that was the drug I’m thinking of.

1 Like

mst3k424withusalways

nOt DeAd ThE wAy YoU kNoW iT

iT iS wItH uS aLwAyS

15 Likes

:cry: I knew it was heading this way as soon as the first Crypto promo appeared on the main page. Still sad, though.

7 Likes

I could go through and save the links one by one, but that would be very slow. I was wondering if somebody with some web-savvy knew a way to do it in bulk. I just had a look and, although the most recent archive was nearly a year ago, there are just under 500 links in “Other Vids” to go through one by one.

3 Likes

Here is a playlist on YouTube that is pretty complete and in order. Some of the links may be dead, but I found it to be pretty reliable to have what is generally available. KTMA episodes are at the end.

Oops. Original link didn’t work the way I thought it would. Let’s try Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Complete, Ordered MST3K Collection)

Welp, “no” again. It’s called “Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Complete, Ordered MST3K Collection)”. Look it up.

1 Like

It’s possibly that if the videos were crawled in the archive, then there is a repository folder they could be downloaded from en masse. Or a crawler could be tasked with downloading them. Again, if you can find a post with an actual video, I can do further research. At the moment I’m not finding anything to start with.

2 Likes

The first video listed in “Other Vids” is 1010 - It Lives By Night - Rough Cut.
Link 1 works (it takes a while for the page to load), but link 2 does not. The link I got was this (after deleting the web archive bit at the start of the copied link):

1 Like

Looking at this, clicking through archived pages is going to be a long job. So I’ve saved a list of video titles and will search on YouTube first. I may turn up some newer/better links that way.
I’ve created a Google Docs spreadsheet for this, and will share the link when I’ve got a respectable amount of linkage done.

3 Likes

That sounds like a good approach. Given the quantity of listed titles, I think an automated crawler would be the way to go. Long ago I used a tool call Teleport to crawl sites and download specific asset types, a modern equivalent should work fine for pulling embedded videos.

1 Like

Sometimes I write such things for funsies. So if there’s still a need in a few days, I can do it. (Got other projects taking my immediate time right now.)

3 Likes

Yes, I enjoy recreational coding as well. My IMDb crawler for the 6 Degrees site I bashed together in Python, for example. Even nowadays I find a lot of things easier to script than do with a graphical interface.

Club MST3K was my constant companion for the five hardest years of my life: homebound, very ill, unable to concentrate, lonely, Club MST3K was my gateway to my friends on the SOL. I would leave it on while I worked, then sometimes give my full attention to an episode. I must’ve watched every episode five times at least, some many many more. I don’t know what I would have done without it. Thank you Club MST3K for keeping me (relatively) sane. I won’t forget you.

18 Likes