The directors of MST3K appreciation thread

And now you’ve turned a perfectly good tribute thread into fart jokes.

I don’t know whether to say you should be ashamed of yourself, or well done.

5 Likes

I found this thread at such the right time.

3 Likes

ARE Fart jokes a fitting tribute to MST3K directors? :thinking:

2 Likes

I, for one, appreciate that MST3K has generally not gone all-in with the fart jokes. An occasional one here and there and that’s it. I’m not a big fan of body humor in general, but it can be funny if well-placed.

6 Likes

With the one token woman for “diversity,” of course. :woman_facepalming:t3: For that reason, I am very grateful to see more women involved in the current incarnation of MST3K.

As for episode directors, I think they’ve all done a bang-up job (yes, even Jim Mallon), making us laugh with the nightmare fuel they’ve been given.

@timryder and Jonah and everyone else, keep up the good great work!!

9 Likes

Honesty a thread that was ostensibly created to appreciate me (among others) taking a turn to just fart jokes seems pretty appropriate.

10 Likes

To be fair, I specifically searched for old white men boards of directors.

2 Likes

@timryder, I vaguely remember watching you during the intro playing the sax. And honestly, you did great!

5 Likes

Yes much appreciation to everyone working on mst3k. Best group of people ive had the pleasure to interact with. Shout out to @timryder for sure. Will never forget allowing me to meet the cast after the bubble tour due to my stupidity :rofl:

7 Likes

Oh, in the S11/12 show intro? Not me on the saxophone, actually. I’m the Bonehead shoving Jonah in the chute and cranking the lever. I was sadly not part of the Skeleton Crew band. I was not nearly cool enough.

9 Likes

Also, as a fellow high school alto saxophonist, I can say with some certainty that it would be difficult to play one with a full-face helmet on.

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s a very challenging embouchure.

8 Likes

I knew it!

1 Like

Question for you, Tim. Is your directing style “stick to the script” or is the script just a guideline with which you let the cast play?

6 Likes

IT BETTER BE STICK TO THE SCRIPT, TIM.

4 Likes

Depends if I wrote the script.
(Or if @Blac_Drac wrote the script.)

6 Likes

… oh. Crap. Now I feel stupid.

5 Likes

Please don’t! All those Boneheads look alike. Rebecca’s dad thought I was playing the saxophone too and he’s spent quite a bit of time with me, seeing as I married his daughter and all.

12 Likes

The rumors are true, Tim is cool!

11 Likes

I buy that. Kudos to the makeup and costuming departments! I don’t know how tall you are in real life to successfully pick you out in a Bonehead lineup.

3 Likes