The Framed thread. They may not be cheesy movies (the worst they can find), but can *you* guess the daily movie in six frames?

I WAS FRAMED, FRAMED, I’M TELLIN’ YA!

Wait a minute… no, I’m not framed, but the name of this game IS Framed - a movie guessing game, to be exact!

You have six chances to name the daily movie based on the six frames that are provided.

The rules are as follows:

Use the image provided to guess the name of the movie.

If you get a guess wrong, a new image from the movie is revealed.

Leave the input blank and press Submit to skip to the next image

So… are you game? (And just like with the Wordle thread, don’t forget to use Spoiler tags on any revealing text so as not to ruin the fun for everyone else!)

2 Likes

In retrospect, I should have had this figured out in this first frame, but the third frame kicked it loose for me.

Framed #335
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

2 Likes

Got it in five, which is pretty good considering I’ve never seen it.

4 Likes

Framed #335
:movie_camera: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

Lol. Never seen it. Based on the tone I had 3 thoughts, and guessed the one I thought fit best.

2 Likes

Six, would have been five, but I accidentally skipped to the last frame.

2 Likes

For the record, never saw the movie, but that third image jumped out at me. (The first one really should have, but… sitcom shrug.)

2 Likes

Based on the first 3 frames I can pretty much guarantee I’ve never seen this movie, so… pass.

3 Likes

It was Citizen Kane wasn’t it?

3 Likes

LOL… I actually did get it on my last guess, having skipped all but one clue. And no, I haven’t seen the movie.

5 Likes

Do I just not understand the game, or am I supposed to be seeing something more than this?

Nevermind, I am dumb. I missed that there was a link to the game and these were people’s results.

4 Likes

skip skip skip skip skip… internet search… Repeat daily. That’s how I’ll get it in 6 every time. :smirk:

2 Likes

Framed #335
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square:

3 Likes

I was so certain it was one of two other movies before the third frame clear gave it away.

Framed #336
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

1 Like

I realize it isn’t Deepwater Horizon, but why did it not even allow me to guess Deepwater Horizon?

2 Likes

Not every movie is in its database, apparently; it’s far from a comprehensive collection of films.

(And honestly, that was my first guess.)

2 Likes

I don’t see a reason to spoiler it if you can’t even guess it.

2 Likes

Missed this one. You’re unlikely to get this one by guessing unless you are intimately familiar with the slurry of indistinguishable Superman films that have come out in recent years.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hadn’t even seen that movie, that one eluded my radar. I took a wild guess because of a trailer, and… [sitcom shrug]

1 Like

You’re not missing much. The director in question has never made a good movie.

3 Likes

I didn’t hate Watchmen, but I seem to be in the minority. It helps if you watch the director’s cut.

2 Likes